Short and Maybe Sweet

Some of my papers came back on Monday, but since the school's computer lab closed early that day (stitch Deeper Valley!) I couldn't post them up to gloat. But since I've got a few free hours before class begins today I'll put them up.

So far I'm guaranteed to pass Math, since half the paper came back and I'm somewhere in the top ten, I believe. Biology also came back, for which I'm second in class--a first! What's more, I've lost to Jowl. He's this quiet guy, quite stocky (about 70 kilos if he was right) and about half a head shorter than I am. You can picture him... oh, and he's the closest thing to a metrosexual I've seen so far. I mean, who else would carry around a comb in their wallet for those awkward moments when the wind blows your hair three millimetres out of line? He'd probably carry a protractor if he could too, just to make sure his hair curved exactly so many degrees and no more... but I won't criticise. If he can get better scores than I can, more power to him! and he'd better watch his back next time around.

I went to the hostel cyber cafe yesterday for the first time in several months. It's also going to be the last, because the prices are getting ridiculous. The last time I went there, several months ago, the price was two bucks an hour. It's gone up fifty cents this time, supposedly because of the petrol prices.

People these days blame everything on inflation.

There's a new link at the bottom of this page, to Effervescence. I put him there because he gives me nostalgia for the good old days when The Ferret was still in contact with me: they both have that same brand of bombasticity in language. And they both even write similar poetry!

I would so love to introduce Meow to him, if I ever meet him, and see if he goes beet red too. But that's only a dream. As it is, it's another link to the past as far as I'm concerned.

And speaking of links to the past... I saw some guy the other day on the way to dinner (Saturday night). He was wearing Loch Yuck's sports shirt. I recognised it a few metres off (hey, it was dark) and nearly stopped short. He was even in the same colour as I used to be (red)! But I didn't talk to him. There was nothing to talk about, after all, unless you count indulging in a good old bash-the-Cue-Ball fest. But judging from the shirt's designs (the designs change every year and keep going from bad to worse), he left the school at least one year before I did, so he wouldn't be up on the latest gossip anyway.

I went back later and calculated the odds. Chances of him being from Patience State: 1 in 13. Chances of him being from KK: 1 in 6. Chances of him being from my school: 1 in 18. Chances of him being in that colour: 1 in 4. Chances of him coming here: 1 in 13. Chances of him being out: 1 in 2. Chances of it being Saturday: 1 in 7. Chances of it being night: 1 in 2. Chances of him being at TAR: 1 in 7 (roughly). Chances of me being out at that time: 1. I'm a creature of entrenched habits, remember?

Therefore, chances of me meeting him: 1 in 14309568. Now who says everything happens by chance?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)