First Semester Break

I'm free. Isn't that a lovely thing to be able to say honestly? To be free of the gripping fear of the last three weeks. It's a wonderful thing to wake up in the morning and realise that all the paper strewn randomly around the room has just become obsolete.

Well, not quite obsolete, but you get the idea. They'll not need to be studied again, and I really enjoy the feeling of relaxation. Very, very much.

In any case, the past few nights have been a haze of sleeping late and waking early--4 hours of sleep every now and then in between a rush of papers and notes and scribbling more notes in cramped handwriting on the papers--which, at the moment, are started to look rather worn-out and crumply from over-handling. I suppose I should iron them out later, but I'm not quite so obsessive about the flatness of the paper I read. Just ask all my paperbacks: they've got cracked spines, every last one of them, and I hardly care.

Books are for reading, people! Not for adorning desks. (Although I'm not one to talk, since my Math textbook has just been discovered to be covered in dust from the better part of a semester.) In fact my copy of Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell is more worn-looking than it, which does not indicate anything good about my reading habits.

Ah, yes. The exams were... interesting. Some of them were easier than expected, some weren't; the first category contains Biomol and Physics, the second everything else. Admittedly I don't harbour very high hopes for the results: this is the result, I must say, of sleeping through lectures and not doing tutorials until tutorial class. Next semester, I must be better. New Year resolutions: it may be early, but it's best to decide before I forget how horrendous it is to revise a whole semester's worth of tutorials at a go.

Because next year, I HAVE to do my tutorials, especially math and chemistry and... and everything, really. Who needs a social life when you're reaching for the A+'es? In any case I'll have to work out some sort of viable schedule to get myself back into mental and physical shape. Well, mental anyway; my physical shape is going to be rather more difficult to tweak. Still, who knows, maybe I'll even start swimming on a regular basis (but hopefully I won't run into any more lecturers there).

I'll have to contact the Gorilla to tell him I'm going up next Tuesday though. It's about time I told him--well, since I'll have to buy myself a temporary number in Malaysia for the time I spend there, I guess I can call him on the day itself from inside the bus, but I think that's a little sudden. Still, he's pretty easygoing when it comes to dropping by, it seems, although I don't want to presume on goodwill. After all, we haven't been talking very much at all, since he's seldom online and I seldom make outgoing phone calls.

For now, I shall Maple. Yay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)