Snatching and Catching

There are mosquitoes everywhere these days. Flitting behind my computer, around me, on and under my bed, and rather surprisingly they circulate around my nearly-brand-new copy of Fluid Mechanics for Chemical Engineers. I suppose if your life depended on sucking the lifeblood out of people through straw-shaped mouthparts, you'd like to know how to make the process more effective or efficient too; but the mosquitoes aren't taking any notes, which either means they have a better memory than I do or they already intuitively understand the principles--which entirely justifies my ability to snatch them out of the air as they hover over the Bernoulli's Equation.

I snatched two yesterday and one today; but in all fairness I only notice them when they're flitting between my eyes and the monitor really; except, of course, when I'm looking around the room to see if they happen to be anywhere noticeable.

I typed that entire last sentence (and this one too) with both my eyes closed except when I opened them to make sure I got the parentheses correct. Apparently I even managed to hit Backspace the correct number of times to correct the word "parentheses" too (it was originally parenthawa). It just goes to show that perhaps I'm too often on MSN, or maybe yesterday's 9 hours or so of typing the proposal for Tech Comm left its mark on my fingers as to the layout of my keyboard: I find myself typing quite almost automatically now.

Well, life has proceeded as usual; my pipagao is nearly empty and my cough is as good as gone, apart from a few moments through the day when I still choke a bit; but I no longer wake myself up with the cough, and I'm utterly thankful for that.

My desk is steadily getting messier as I steadily add more things to its surface--oddly enough, buying files to store the notes in hasn't helped as much as I thought it would in keeping the place relatively organised. Maybe I shouldn't have started and halfway-quit reading an anthology and the Dilbert Principle and Fluid Mechanics--though, of course, the Fluid Mechanics is mostly there as a silent guilt-inducing mechanism.

It's raining outside, a very peaceful sound. I think I want to sleep soon; and I think, rather, that I'm feeling like I miss a lot of people at the moment. My roomie's a nice person in the don't-bother-me-won't-bother-you way, but I miss Darth Bo's roomie's seemingly-neverending stream of chatter. Why I always get the quiet ones is beyond me.

At least he did put strips of stickytape on the window sills to try to prevent mosquitoes from getting in though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)