Panthera Sapiens Ellipsis: The Introduction

Welcome to the latest revision of the introduction to this blog and its blogger. Since you're reading this, it follows that you are interested in finding out more about either or both; thus convenient headings will be provided.

About the Blog

This blog was started in mid-2003, at the behest of a then classmate of mine. Its subject matter deals primarily with my life and everything tangential to it: people, situations, issues, food, random musings, whatever. Its secondary subject matter... well, really, it hasn't one. This blog centers entirely on myself and what I wish to be known.

That said, I'm not a terribly private person, at least online: in these posts you will find information of a massively personal nature, though--hopefully--not anything that will allow you to identify me or the people around me for stalking purposes. But this blog contains posts of a personal and possibly inflammatory nature, because I don't believe in political correctness, and because everybody ought to have someplace to express opinions where they can go back and reread those past opinions.

And of course, this blog exists primarily as a record to myself of my life; this leads to it having a rather detached tone at times, and it certainly is the reason for many of the posts being apologetic about being late.

About the Blogger

I am Han Chinese, Teochew on my father's side and Hakka on my mother's; I speak neither dialect. My native tongue is English, followed at a far distance by Mandarin Chinese, and Bahasa Melayu trails in the dust behind that.

I am a Christian, somewhat devout; I regularly attend church and some other Christian groups.

I am somewhat interested in popular psychology, and to that end have taken multiple personality quizzes, often multiple times each; I am: Neutral Good (a hair less Good and I'd be True Neutral); INTJ/ISTJ; Phlegmatic-Choleric-Melancholy (in roughly equal proportions); S/C/D on the DISC; and probably others, except that I can't remember them right now. My memory is prodigiously bad, and my sense of direction is worse; when going to unfamiliar places or travelling unfamiliar routes, I have been known to turn a 15-minute journey into a 2-hour journey.

I put the Pro in procrastinator. I am much heavier than I look. Do not try to lift me and do not try to outmatch my momentum or inertia: you will be flattened. I am not the sort of person who lies in bed at the end of every day pondering what I've learnt. I am the sort of person who, once they get into bed, fall asleep and stay that way until they wake up. I am difficult to wake up; the things that can wake me include very loud noises, physical impacts, bright light, and illness, though I have successfully resisted each of them before. Given a choice between a harried, hurried, hectic, but well-paid lifestyle and a slow, relaxed, middle-class life, I'll take the slow one every time. I like strings and ropes and chains and fractals because they're essentially made of lots of mini versions of themselves and are fun. I like bugs. I like books. I do not like bad grammar and inaccurate spelling, and I prefer the Queen's English because that is what I learnt first. I do not often tidy up. I like graphic T-shirts that are a bit too large for me. I like my rope belt. I usually have a fan on me at all times.

I like random things, and dislike emotional outbursts. I tend to regard people who are constantly emotional as less-than-people, and mock them accordingly. I experience schadenfreude regularly. I have few opinions to express, but I express those opinions emphatically (I think). I like food greatly, and I enjoy tropes; I in fact have a list of tropes that apply to me, to be added on when time permits. I like water, dislike land sports in general, and prefer my rooms well-lit and cooled by electric fan instead of air-conditioner. I dislike unanswerable or unanswered questions. I am not at all good at describing myself comprehensively.

I don't always think things through before doing them, but generally apologise sincerely.

Comments

less than three said…
Hello, panthera

you're so indulged in verbiage i think u should make money out of this innate talent of yours.

I've read about a doctor who compiled his blog entries into a book and sold it to his readers.

I've also heard about a distant relative who writes travelogues that she sells to make some earnings.

Go ahead, think about it $$$$

I was only giving you some suggestions...

I found the link to your blog from Aiming's blog.

Happy Christmas :)

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)