Pain and Panic

Panic stations everybody! The SPM is fast approaching—I’ve only a week or so more to go—and what am I doing? Panicking, of course; and trying to persuade The Pig to go swimming. No, I’m not trying to drag him down with me so that I won’t be the only one in the place to fail my exams; it’s just that I need something to laugh at now that I’m fast approaching insanity, and watching him half-drown himself in the pool will at least amuse me.
The weather hasn’t changed; it’s still horribly sunny, which is ironic given the general mood of the local Form Five population. I only wish for a little rain; it would make walking home from school so much more enjoyable! Incidentally, I’m supposed by some people to have really big biceps by now due to lugging my extra-large bag around everywhere. Unfortunately, they’re wrong. I don’t know what I did wrong, but my arms are still about the diameter of a really thin, dried-up stick.
The teachers have been unloading practice questions and last-minute notes on us like from a dump truck. The mass of my school bag just doubled. Not that you’d notice, though; my bag is normally so stuffed full of papers and foolscaps that one or two hundred more don’t make much difference. And besides, it’s good exercise for me. In fact, it’s pretty much all the exercise I usually get. And considering my thinness, I guess it’s obvious. I mean, when I look in the mirror, I don’t really see much difference between me and the picture in my textbook labelled “People with Anorexia”!!
Speaking of pictures…the class trip photos and the mooting photos just got back. I bought twelve photos but got thirteen: Ah Lieu inadvertently bought an extra copy of me receiving a certificate. I have no idea why he bought it; probably to throw darts at. Ten points if you get it through the eyes! Anyway, now I’ve got thirteen photos with my ugly face in every one of them. It’s surprising how the photos don’t show the zits, though, or maybe the oil reflects so much light that the red is completely covered over.
Incidentally, I haven’t been going to school much these days. My class has received study leave from the Cue Ball, which means we only go to school on Mondays and Fridays. All other days are optional, but I go anyway on Wednesday and Thursday for the Biology and Chemistry classes. Not to mention the…err…chemistry between Roger and Meow! Behold the power of pheromones—pulling Roger out of bed early when he doesn’t need to is no mean feat!
And best of all, I get to wake up much later than usual these days. And I get a much bigger breakfast…no rush, after all. The downside is that I get really lonely. I mean, I go to school for relaxation! I really enjoy having people around to insult or talk to, and being stuck at home alone without anyone to yell at gets stale really fast. Incidentally, that’s the reason there isn’t much gossip about my class in this post. Which is also the reason I now go to school—it’s so much more interesting!
I might be going to Shanghai for the holidayss! My mum decided on that; in fact, I applied for an A-Levels course but my mum decided to apply for the matriculations. She says it’s cheaper and more convenient, since I might be able to study locally if I get in. And if I don’t get in, the applications to the various universities still stand. There are July intakes, aren’t there? And anyway, my mum has my entire post-SPM schedule mapped out: stay at home till July next year. Maybe I will give tuition after all, but I’ll have to find some students, of course. And at least I’ll get some spending cash (assuming, again, that I find students). Oh joy…drat, I just drooled on the keyboard. I’m going to have to drench it in Dettol for the next month…
That’s it. I really can’t say more, I’ve got to rush to study. Cross your fingers and wish me luck!

Comments

Aiming said…
yep..its panic time!!! =O i find myself bitting my finger nails nowadays...>.<
once again,can you loose the pheromones? Meow does not have that...
Shanghai? That's a nice place! =)
Aiming said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)