First Rain

It rained today for what seems to be the first time since I got back from China. In fact, all things considered, events occurred to me rather rapidly this past month. Like the fact that just 8 days after returning home, I had already applied to several outlets for a job and been accepted to one (in the mart). Or that within this past month, I've worked out more than I used to in a whole year. Or even that my circle of social contacts has narrowed dramatically. Anyway, I'm so glad it's raining. My blue tank finally has something in it other than air, I didn't get too dehydrated during work, and the air is lots fresher. It's almost worthy of celebration in verse, except I'm a lousy poet. I've tried writing poetry before; it turned out horrible. There's a quote somewhere: "It may not be right to say that something was writ or that it was wrote, but it is perfectly fine to say that something was wrotten." Well, it could have been applied to my piece. I plan to go swimming tomorrow, with Wolf, the Pig, Age Ho, and maybe Heh. It'll be quite a little reunion, but I doubt if Age Ho and Heh can swim. Also, the Pig has a habit of getting cramps when in water--he did it during my class trip when the water was only 2 feet deep!--and I wonder if the trend will continue. Anyway, I've got to get rid of his souvenir already. It's annoying having too many possessions to keep track of. Then again, it would be nice for a change to have so many possessions that I could lose one and not miss it. But then that's not likely to happen soon. Oh, and my stingy description is soon to be defied. I have been commanded by my parents to treat my siblings to a meal with my earnings from my job! Well, actually I still plan to be stingy, just not too extremely so. I've calculated it all: Canai bread all around with pulled tea will cost me only ten bucks or so, but since my dad prmised to reimburse me, I can pull out the big bucks. So maybe I'll get a tub or two of ice-cream and a carton of 7 Up. (This is because the mart is having a sale on 7 Up; every carton costs 20.50 and comes with two 1.5 liter bottles of F&N.) Which pretty much means that we'll all be suffering sugar rushes before long. But who cares? I'm rich, rich, rich, and my expenses are taken care of. It's time to spend! You know, someone once said that there's no wilder spendthrift than a miser who decides to spend. I think they're very right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)