Schadenfreude

I went swimming yesterday with the Pig at the local complex. The larger pool was closed for some obscure reason, so we had to swim in the smaller little mites' pool, which brings me to the title of this post. It's a word I found in the paper (probably misspelled), and means 'taking delight in the misfortune of others'. Well, I certainly would have taken much delight in the misfortune of the mites I met yesterday in the pool. Our unfortunate meeting was brought about by one of them lobbing a board at me, hitting me on the head none too gently. I threw it back. They splashed me (all five of them--one male and four females). The Pig and I splashed them back, which led to a water war. The Pig retreated, and so did I, albeit I did so less hastily. The idiots then sent the male to PULL OUR HAIR, which obviously was meant to be offensive, and began yelling comments which were meant to be insulting and probably were, by preschool standards. So the war restarted, which culminated in me deliberately losing my temper with the male and pulling his hair while submerging his face for all of five seconds. He cried, the girls screamed, I laughed and went to the deep end, and a nearby swimming instructor yelled at the girls to shut up. So I won. But I wouldn't have minded possessing supernatural abilities to shock those little [expletives deleted] monsters out of the pool. I shall be unemployed by this time next week. I found out today that my part-time contract with the mart only extends to the end of this month; so no matter what my mater says, I get to stop working! Unfortunately she now says I have to find somebody from Thrown Shin's old books so I can do some self-study, people from Thrown Shin being evidently more intelligent than people from Loch Yuck. Oh well, it's better than working. So anyway, I won't be working this time next week. Oh joy! I shall probably be posting an euphoric, crappy, badly rhymed poem sometime this or next week, just to celebrate my liberation from the rat race. Especially since right now, I wouldn't wish a job even on the rotten little roaches from the pool yesterday. ...Then again, I could. In fact I'm thinking of building an Iron Maiden and lugging it to the pool next week in the Pig's car. Yes, he can drive now. My mom was highly interested in this fact when I told her, and went on and on about being useful to one's family. Needless to say I'm now not a bit interested in learning to drive.

Comments

Anonymous said…
look, Bubbles. you don't call it "rude". fyi, it's called "acknowledging" someone's behaviour. i'm just trying to behave like our blogger Loh, so that he feels more cozy, sociable, and homely. don't take this personally, but you're SO anal-retentive. it's Chang Zhi, so next time, pls say "he". if you have any plans for revenge, map them out personally. thank you for your co-operation.
PS: did you previously have an issue with me?
Anonymous said…
hmmm, Loh was using names like "Pig", "Cue Ball" and so so. you closed an eye about that, and you diss me. where are we going? are you practicing favoritism? or are you teaching us the meaning of "unfair", "prejudice", or "injustice"? maybe i was rude (in a sense), but all i intended was based on fun, not disrespect. and i didn't say you were wrong for calling me a "he/she". ok, let's get this over with. i'm at fault, and i'm terribly sorry, so please, please, please, forgive me. take care.
...OK, so you obviously have differences to sort out, so...please sort them out politely (polite suggestion). But thanks for being comparatively nice to each other.

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)