Holidays? ...Right.

I just found out that I won't be having anything in the way of a holiday for the rest of this year. It might seem a bit of a foregone conclusion, but when one doesn't have any particular plan except a vague "exam at the end of the year", it doesn't really make one sit up and start planning midnight study sessions.

I have, however, been jolted out of that little fantasy by the sight of a schedule: my mid-course test one, to be exact. I've a week or so of holidays next month, and I was planning to spend them doing my leftover tutorials and past-year papers. Then my little brother called up from Singapore and said he's planning to use that week (he's got it off, too) to go on a Tour de KL. So it looks like unless I let him go gadding about on his own, I'm not going to be doing any paperwork.

And then he's bringing up a new handphone for me (handphones are cheaper in Singapore, remember?) and I really do want to try it out, experiment with it, stuff like that. And I also caught a couple of bugs recently (a nice medium-size praying mantis and a cicada) and I'm planning to get them preserved.

Of course, I also plan to drop into college now and then for a bit of online-ing. Plus I want to catch up on a good many rounds of forty winks.

Add that all up, and you see I've got quite a bit on my plate for just one week. Just so you know, the pile of tutorials and experiment reports I have to finish soon is roughly two inches high. The papers are all A4 and printed on both sides of the paper, and the typing is about font size 12.

It's quite a scary thought, which is why I keep putting it off "until I have time". And now I have a week, but it's still a scary thought.

And besides, what with mid-course exams and the AS and trials and bimonthly tests and more trials and then finals and then the A2, I'm not likely to even get enough sleep. I've made a resolution to spend only three hours a day at the computer. I've broken it about 12 times so far... I made it a bit less than one week after my birthday. Wait, that was 12 days ago, wasn't it?

Suffice it to say that I can foresee myself sitting in the room, nose in a textbook or pile of notes or some such cheery thing, for a very long time to come. Hey, I'm still relatively young, I can call nine months a very long time. Of course, in the same period of time I could have a child, but that's beside the point.

...and did I mention the MUET? But I've already complained about that so I won't repeat myself. It'll just tire out my fingers.

I'm a bit sore in the pride at the moment, though; all my results just came back and I lost heavily to Gambler. Granted, I don't really mind all that; Gambler and I are on pretty even grounds anyway and since I hadn't done any revision it was expected, more or less. The real drop is that I lost to Cheeky in Math!

Math A was my destruction. It also was Cheeky's, but it was more merciful to him than to me, and he got away with two percent more than I. To hear him go on about it, you'd think it was two hundred--but since I've rubbed a lot of salt into him on other occasions, I'll let it pass for now.

Well, most of it, anyway. I at least still have English as my trump card.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)