Fuiyoh. Exams Again.

I have decided to incorporate Manglish into my blog, along with other elements of non-Oxford speech. Not a lot, of course, just a little here and there. After all, what's the use of being Malaysian if you can't swear in three different languages or dialects?

This is also in line with my efforts to stop sounding like a dictionary. Some time ago, somebody asked me the definition of "arbitrary" and was surprised when I gave a one-word answer, which pretty much proved to me that I have been spending far too much quality time with my mental dictionary. (I tried actually reading an Oxford dictionary aroun 14 or 15 years old and gave up when I found I already knew about 70% of all the words in it.)

And the other day, my room-mate and Smooth tried to come up with words I didn't already know. Some sort of a wager. It's only a pity for them that I've been playing that game with my little brother for ages, and I win every time. Every single time.

(A win is when I get at least 75% of the attempts correct.)

But enough of me and my manifold greatnesses. I have reason to believe that my last post was so narcissistic that I got sick reading it myself... but I didn't want to delete it in case I ever want to have good reason to throw up again.

This week is fraught with exams, or so it seems to me: I had Physics yesterday (which I know I badly fluffed), Biology tomorrow, and Applied Math and Biology on Friday. Yeah, my Biology lecturer decided to have two Biology papers this time round. Maybe he just really likes my handwriting.

You see? I really am narcissistic. But then it's not everyone who can spell "narcissistic" correctly.

My church's song competition was yesterday, and against all odds my team won: even though Jogger turned out to be a lousy singer and Free Tea forgot all the lyrics. If I'm right, we only won because the other teams didn't know their lyrics either and because my team "put a lot of effort into the competition", according to the judges, by writing one of our own songs. Apparently that netted us some extra leverage and we won by two points.

(Most of the credit goes to Jogger, who came up with the tune. All I supplied was the words, and rather mediocre words I think they were too. That's not what the congregation says, but I think they were just trying to make me happy.)

I've been trying to get myself an MP3 for quite awhile now, and so far the MP3 has been bought by my mother and brought to Patience. The only thing is that now nobody is available to bring it over here. My grandmother was supposed to, but she changed her plans yesterday morning and now it looks like I'm going to have to wait another month before I actually get my hands on the thing.

At least I've got plenty of time to save up and buy AAA batteries with. The MP3 runs on those, and I'm told each battery lasts about 3 hours; I don't know about the other features of the MP3, so you'll find out when I do: next month. Kakakaka.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)