Weather Effects

It's surprising how susceptible I am to the weather, really it is; although to be fair, I suppose depressions are a natural part of my emotional landscape by this time. I certainly have gone through more than enough of them...

It seems to me now that I spent most of the past week in a haze of despair and probably blurry-eyed blankness. I diagnosed myself with despair on Monday, and I've theorised that it's due to the immense amount of tutorials that are due and upcoming, as well as a lot of stuff I'm supposed to do sooner or later that I've no idea how to find time to do. For one thing, the Math lecturer's speeches are indecipherable to the point where I've told a few people already that I probably learn more from one hour in the tutorials than I could in 2 or 3 hours of lectures. It's insane... and the Chemistry lecturer seems to think that we know everything, because he's perfectly blithe about admitting that he knows very little about Math before proceeding to drown us in transparencies of reactions.

(I'm planning to take a leaf from his book and make a few maps of the reactions on a few pages--maybe tracing paper--then fit them together when I need to plan out a reaction...)

And, of course, there's still Physics and Anatomy, both of which have lots more things to remember: I've seen the past-year papers for Anatomy already and they're quite frightening actually. And Physics has loads more stuff...

But my biggest fear this semester is the Math. It's frightening how little I know: of both the basics and the advanced stuff the lecturer wants us to know now. I really should do more lessons, but where do I have the time and energy? As it is I barely stagger through the classes for one day, let alone understand more than a quarter or so...

I need more energy. Swimming isn't helping much, I must admit, although perhaps I should do it more intensely; at present, 80m on the breaststroke is about my limit, and though I can push it to 100m, it's very taxing. All those people who keep talking about how invigorating a good sweat can be, generally are not people who are easily tired. Unfortunately, at this point I am not a physical powerhouse--probably will never be unless I suddenly figure out how to go crazy on the workload and stop needing to sleep, too.

*sigh*

Math is difficult.

But the nice thing is it's been raining recently. Like I said, I'm susceptible to weather: it rains, I smile. It rains on me, I smile even more. It rains on me while I'm on the way back to my room so that I don't need to duck for shelter, I hum as I go along in the rain and everybody stares at me while they huddle under the nearest bit of roof.

Unfortunately, the last scenario has never occurred; the nearest I got to it was, I think, Friday afternoon when it rained extremely heavily while I was on the way from lunch to a lecture theatre: all I could do was walk near the edge of the roof for minimal wetness and maximum exposure to the winds coming in from the side (bringing a little bit of rain with them, which was the main point).

Anyway, I'm going to So Hour on Tuesday. I still have no idea about the exact travelling arrangements--have to fix 'em up tomorrow--but I'm sure it'll be enjoyable. Meeting the parents, after all!

Comments

Robson said…
ONE DAY you'll get pneumonia and hate the rain. One day. And you'll love the sun. Like me! Haha

Popular posts from this blog

Memoriam the Second

Next Last Post

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)