Less than Three the Coconut

I am happy. Euphoric, maybe, or perhaps it's just hormones or something. Then again...

I spent the past week in KL, which is why I haven't been online at all. I averaged maybe 4 or 5 hours of sleep a day while there, but then again I can sleep all I want at the moment before school picks up. (Who am I kidding? School left me in the dust ages ago and I'm still not able to catch up.) But I'm not going to regret ANYTHING about the past week, because it's been the best week of the semester so far and wheeeeeee! it was FUNFUNFUN.

FUN I say.

Because I don't like sleeping in a bed by myself; blame it on my parents, who made me sleep with two brothers for ages and ages and I haven't gotten used to not having a warm body somewhere nearby--or rather, having a warm body somewhere nearby somehow gives me the At Home sort of fuzziness. Plus the bed is so much nicer in the Gorillas' place. And it's always nice to wake up and have somebody around that you can mock and laugh at and physically abuse a little bit and know it's all in good fun. And the food, O the glorious cheap various food of Malaysia!

And I don't think I've spent a single night there sleeping alone, too; well, maybe one night or two, but it's nice to be in friendly company. Right now? I'm back to my roommate, who is friendly but isn't quite company, if you understand...

Geh, I'm mushing up again. It's happening a lot recently--more specifically, every time somebody brings up the Coconut. I guess it's a normal thing; Chronicles assures me that mushing is a part of romance, but I never expected the mushing instinct to be quite so overpowering. I have no idea, however... I never expected to come back non-single. But there you have it, let me put it in bold...

I AND THE COCONUT ARE OFFICIALLY TOGETHER!

And we made the announcement to most of our mutual acquaintances last Saturday, and so far (from what I can tell) everybody seems to have been waiting for it, because nobody is shocked. We got her parents' approval the next day and my parents sent theirs (by email) just now; so we're legit and all, and unfortunately separated by several hundred km of distance...

We MSN a lot though; I love it that she was telling me NOT to SMS her at all 'cos it'd cost far too much on both sides. In fact I'm still totting up a hugely long list of all her adorable little traits... And there goes the mush alert.

In fact, though, we owe our being together to everybody else: the Coconut's mom, for one thing, because it was she who gave the Coconut the hints that led to this whole thing; and Jogger, because he was the example that convinced her that it'd be pretty normal to be dating the brother of a friend. (Jogger is currently dating the sister of a friend, you see.) Indebted to other people right from the beginning, and we're really grateful. At least I am. *big grin*

The announcement was done at a theme park we were visiting with 18 other people, of whom 2 were also a couple and have been so for at least a year if I remember correctly. She and I were SMSing each other (I have a temporary number I use in Malaysia) about how to do it, and we had no idea really; this is a first one for us both. So we took the easy way out and were practically joined at the hand for the entire day and let people infer it. Although, of course, we did have to drum it into one or two of them, such as:

Person: Eeeee!
Coconut: What?
Person: You're holding his hands!
Coconut: So? He's my boyfriend.
Person: EEEEEEE!
Coconut: What's so funny?
Me: Nothing...
We walk off.

So it's now definite. 私はリリンを愛している; watashi ha RIRIN wo itoshiteiru. Wolf made that sentence for me; I think it's the closest he's ever come to mush himself. You go translate it. I'm going to go do some math to knock the mush out...

Comments

ѕћåüñ said…
KISS my fren..
K.I.S.S...


Keep
It
Short &
Simple...
ѕћåüñ said…
whoa..ho..ho..ho....
tat's some big news..
i din knew tho..

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)