Burble Gurble Warble Garble

Well, so I'm in Singapore now. In fact I've been here since Tuesday evening, just never quite got around to blogging; I'm quite an incredible procrastinator in that regard, or really in any other regard, and the past few days just proves it: if I'd been on schedule, I'd be living out of a box right now.

As it is my room is still full of stuff that the schedule says should be in boxes; but since I'm getting the boxes tomorrow and the packing should go smoothly from thereon, I think I'll be just fine. In any case the toughest bit--throwing stuff away--is over with, I did it yesterday (instead of on Thursday like planned). The listing was easy enough, and then I converted it to a Paint file so I could just select and drag the items around instead of Tabbing a lot to cut-and-paste their names into the appropriate area.


And this is more or less the list. I organised it according to where the items were placed, since I thought it'd make it easier for me when looking for things to pack or throw out. I'll probably also label all my boxes later according to content so I don't need to unpack too many; most likely I'll live out of a bag, a backpack, and one box while the other await shipment off to somewhere currently undetermined, or until I move somewhere with superfluous space to be filled up.

The journey back down wasn't the best; it started off well, with a lot of rain and I woke up on time due to my handphone alarm clock (I really oughta change the tone on it, it's getting annoying). Unfortunately the rain meant the Gorilla couldn't drop me off outside the bus station like he usually does because of a quite incredible jam that blocked all three routes to the station; so I had to take the LRT and then lug my bags across roads and stuff to get to the buses. Fortunately the LRT travel took just long enough for the rain to diminish down to a mere drizzle, almost nothing really, so I was pretty much dry.

The bus ride was uneventful apart from the absentminded passenger who didn't take all her bags down at the customs, so the Singaporean police raided the bus with dogs and detectors for half an hour before they decided they could safely open the bag and subsequently wave the driver through; he was hopping mad about it, but I don't think she understood the wave of angry Tamil he blasted: she was a Chinese national.

Other than that, nothing much happened except that I lost my keys somewhere in the Gorillas' house, and they've vanished into thin air along with my keychain, so I've had to file missing keys reports with the office and get a fine for being careless. Fortunately my roommate was in, so while I waited for the office to make duplicates I lived around his schedule and never went out without making sure he'd be in when I got back. I've got my replacement key now though... but it's still annoying.

I went to church again today, and I realised something: I've possibly been much too quiet and retiring there, because everybody seems to remember me as an extension of Herr Robson. Apparently me alone seems to them as if my foot just hopped in by itself, because they all asked where Herr Robson is before realising I'm back about two weeks earlier than absolutely required. And only two of those people asked me why I was early. Maybe I've been too aloof or something.

In any case, let's see... my To-Do list now includes finishing the missing-key reports, getting boxes, packing, and calling up a guy to see when I can start squatting in 1/4 of a room; I'll probably end up sleeping on boxes for the year, but oh well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)