Fling a Flock of Sixpence

So, it's 21 days since my last post; I'm getting dreadfully, dreadfully backwards with these posts. I must make it a point to update at least as frequently as I update my new Twitter, which is about once ever few hours or so since it's taken up a permanent spot on my Tabs; my Tabs, at any given time, generally contain manga, Twitter, Facebook (Home), Facebook (DnD:Ta), and at the moment a GameFaqs walkthrough for Pokemon Emerald plus 1275 Things Mr Welch Can No Longer Do During an RPG. In addition there are two tabs of Pokemon Emerald Gameshark codes, three Blogger Tabs (one is this, one is the blog itself, and one is for my blog's lone follower), and... well, actually, that's about it. Sometimes I have a hundred or so TVTropes or Wikipedia Tabs too, but not at the moment; in fact at the moment I have only 9 Tabs up which is quite an unprecedentedly low number for me.

Exams! They're coming up very soon. Horrid little things, and I've still got assignments and things to do before them: oral presesntations, lab reports (most of which I haven't the foggiest about how to start), pop quizzes, and then tutorial answers to copy because I've been skipping all semester because I hate waking up early on Monday; but in return I plan to summarise the notes very extensively! Beginning tomorrow!...if I can avoid being completely distracted!

Things are getting busier, time is running short on supply--or, really, more accurately, time is still there: I'm simply somehow unable, these days, to stick to whatever task I set myself. I half-suspect I've come down with some sort of ADHD or whatever, because I simply cannot stick to any one task without eventually turning to Sudoku or opening an MSN window or something of the sort; and then without me knowing it it's several hours later and my original work remains undone. While it mayn't sound so very horrible (or it may sound horrible; I've no idea), multiply it in varying severity over a semester and how I managed to have three late lab reports (out of 12) becomes quite understandable. Not to mention, of course, that I'm forgetful enough that completed reports sometimes don't find their way into my bag, or they get lost in the tangled morass of other papers strewn around--I only just cleared up this morning and found papers I'd thought were lost forever--and both those factors contribute I'm sure.

In any case I made myself a Studying Schedule, and if everything goes well I'll have devoted at least 4 full days to each of my cores; hopefully that insane amount of devotion, plus whatever I retain from the lectures, will suffice. Otherwise... well, otherwise I shall be greatly disappointing, shan't I?

...a lot of people are graduating from Campus Crusade; it looks as if half the membership has vanished. We definitely need more first-year people to start attending and helping out, but it's not too realistic either to expect them all to specifically pick their classes and schedules to make time for it--I mean, I did it, but that's just because I do stuff like this all the time. My schedules are more fluid than jello, or at least they are while I'm planning them out during registration time.

Which reminds me that my eviction date draws near, and I must prepare to pack, as well as find some place to stash all this stuff; also I must prepare to ask Crazy Scary if he wants to apply for a room next year--if he doesn't then I'm going to probably have to forgo the Singapore-Local-staying point, because it looks like everybody wants to go on exchanges and things and thus won't be staying in halls. Very annoying... I should apply too except it's certainly far too late for that--with IA and then FYP coming up in the next two years, the free time of the course has already evaporated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)