Winged Bills

I returned to Spore yesterday; it was another 7-hour journey, during which I dozed fitfully and ate and drank very, very little--I try to avoid heavy eating just before and during travelling: the whole process is bad enough without the risk of travel sickness.

Let us see--the last post was July the 9th--that's about two days before I left Patience for KL... well, then, let us take up the story there. What happened? Let me try to recall--ah, yes, it was Thursday. Well, little of note occurred: I got into an argument with the kid brother that resulted in us not talking to each other (in fact we still haven't talked to each other) that mostly centered around him never listening to what I say unless it increases his level of comfort, and thus landing himself in a large pile of discomfort (and I-told-you-so's) and when I refused to listen to his demands for comfort (read: my laptop), he went into a fuss and stopped talking to me entirely. Not much of a loss, admittedly; his conversation tends to revolve around himself and his own opinions, with very little room for others'--it's not unlike my dad's that way.

The last time I saw the Pig (this trip at least) was the night before his trip to Betel Island; shortly after he came back, his classes started again--but I've already mentioned that. In any case we never managed to go for food again after that trip; it's a pity, because I've no idea when or if we'll ever meet up again in real life--online is a whole other matter (which reminds me: I should restart regularly using Skype sometime).

I left Patience on the morning of the 11th, along with a friend from church and two uncles; we were joining a camp in Payday (name, again, changed for anonymity) organised by OM; it lasted from the 11th to the 16th, and was immensely interesting. Huge changes on perspective that I'm trying to maintain, and a great deal of quite interesting people met (though I'm slightly embarrassed to say I haven't Facebooked them all, or added them all to MSN just yet--or even emailed for that matter). It was a very nice camp, apart from that we had to leave early due to transport issues (basically the uncle who was driving didn't want to get back to his condo late); and somehow I got the impression that the uncles were there more to evaluate than to make friends and learn--I mean, seriously. 83 campers there, and the two of them were pretty much stuck to each other no matter what the occasion. Far be it from me to jump to conclusions, but I've the hunch they didn't get very much out of it apart from maybe some amusement.

We left the camp on the night of the 15th; I had started asking around on the 14th for accomodation in KL, but only actually got it on the morning of the 16th with Jogger (who is back for summer holidays); in the meantime I had to endure a lot of parental You-Should-Have-Done-It-Sooners and one from the Coconut, who appears unable to decline my requests without tacking on a You-Are-And-Were-Wrong. Claus said that he thinks she hates me. I think he's right.

At any rate I stayed in the condo that Jogger's parents (and Jogger, when he's around) inhabit, from the morning of the 16th to the afternoon of the 20th, and during that time I spent a great deal of time with Claus and Blue (Claus's girlfriend), most of it being carted around to places of food, though other things did occur too. It was very nice, and also quite incredibly draining on the wallet--let me do a bit of tracking...

16th (Thursday):
-Movie: Harry Potter 6 (RM 10)
-Pasar Malam: Foul tofu (RM 2); Tofufa (RM 1.10); Yoyo ice (RM 2)
Total: RM 5.10

17th (Friday):
-Lunch from a bakery: Bread (RM 3.20)
-Dinner at Kaki Korner: Chicken Maryland (free)
-Supper at Shajahan: Roti tisu (RM 1.80); Milo ping (RM 2)
Total: RM 12.10

18th (Saturday):
-Lunch from a mamak: Rice with egg (RM 2.20)
-Low One: LAN cable (RM 6); mouse (RM 10)
-Dinner at SS2 Murni: Chicken Napoleon (RM 10); small Honeydew Blended Special (RM 4)
Total: RM 44.30

19th (Sunday):
-Breakfast: Charkuayteow (RM 1)
-Lunch: Prawn noodles (RM 7.50); Milo ping (RM 2)
-Dinner at Shajahan: Murtabak daging (RM 5); Milo panas (RM 1.60)
-7-11: Orange juice (RM 1.60)
-TBR: Nasi lemak telor (RM 2); Teh tarik biasa (free--I forgot to pay Claus for this one)
-BRJ: Indomie biasa (RM 3.50)
Total: RM 67.80

...I'm pretty sure I forgot a few meals in there; I'll have to talk to Claus again to make sure I didn't inadvertently leave anything out--after all we spent an average of 7 hours together a day (usually with Blue along), and one is liable to forget small details in there. Also, this pales in comparison to the amount I ate when in Patience with the Pig as well as the amount I usually eat in So Hour (I always say I have one meal a day there--it begins when I wake and ends just before the grandfolks go to bed)...

...I'll probably need a weight-loss regimen set up soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)