Jubblies!

It's an hour and a half--well, an hour and fifteen minutes, maybe even an hour if I choose a leisurely walk--'til my meeting with the assistant professor whom I hope to cajole and persuade into pre-allocating me his project on glass textures and stuff. Tee Four said it sounds more like an arts project than a bioengineering one, but I think it sounds fun, which is really the biggest reason I'm applying for it.

...well, well. It's been raining since morning, though it sounds like it's stopped. I'll find out later; though with the way the weather relates to me, I'll probably not need to even step out for it to start raining cliches. Still, the cold weather's a nice change from the hot, sunny kind, though I do wish it'd give my clothes a chance to dry.

I wish I had a theme song sometimes. Something I could put on my phone as an .mp3 and play before entering any room... It would probably look more than a little silly to the people in the room I was just exiting, though, and it'd also only work if the people in the room I was about to enter weren't expecting me and hadn't seen me coming. Unless they happened to be near a PA system that I could hack into and then have it play just before I hove into view. This desire probably stems from the fact that in OSTs, a lot of the tracks are titled [Character]'s Theme, and quite often those themes are... well, they do fit the character. Even some real people have theme songs. Everybody named Elise, for example, could probably sort-of-legitimately use the Fur Elise. Nobody writes theme songs to people of my name, though, not that I know of anyway.

Life needs more music in it. We need people to know lots of music, and know it well enough that you could, say, walk up to anybody and hum a bar or two, and incite an immediate crowd song.

And with that, I just spent a fifteen-minute interlude on YouTube videos from The Producers, Grease, and the Scrubs Musical episode.

But the problem, of course, is that my story isn't over yet and so no song could quite adequately describe me; at any rate if I were to have a theme song it would only be possible to have one written for me posthumously, which is a pity.

...the rain's started up again. I wonder if it's bad etiquette to bring an umbrella along to see professors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)