Recess. Riiiiiiiiiiight.

It's Tuesday.

How did it get to be Tuesday already? And half of Tuesday is already over. It seems like it was just yesterday that it was Friday, the beginning of the weekend. And now it's Tuesday--where did the weekend go?

Ah. Yes. It went wherever the past always goes.

And so it's Tuesday already, of my recess week; it promises to be a busy week. I've already looked at my time and made a little schedule that looks something like this:













...the blank bits are my buffer times, during which I'll likely be playing Bunny Flags or Epic Battle Fantasy 3 or digging through some of the many books I have that I haven't finished reading. I don't have very many of those. And of course some of the things I plan to do will take more, or less, time than I've allocated. Hence the buffer time.

And, obviously, one big omission from the thing is the GO HOME bit that usually appears in my calendar whenever there's a holiday; normally by now I'd be at the grandfolks' in So Hour, being fed and being told to get a haircut or playing with the cousins or something. Obviously this time I've been unable to; partly because there's a lot of stuff to be done that can only be done in school, and partly because that 10-hour block of travelling time could be so much better used. If you look, there's at least three projects to be hurried along in the next few days...

The toiletmates are in, of course; and the roommate, equally naturally, is away. I doubt I shall have very much human contact this week, apart from MSN or Facebook or the occasional meeting (tomorrow, for example, promises to be entirely too full of seeing people except at night. Not that I'm misanthropic, but being alone has its allure; for one thing there's little to no talking to anybody else, and for another it's comfortable and I get to lounge around in nothing but shorts, occasionally singing the Llama Song or Still Alive or whatever tune comes to mind. On the other hand it also means running will occur all by my lonesome and I'll not push myself the way other people would; I'm generally much too easygoing on myself. It explains my current tubby shape.

...the library has a scanner. It occurred to me some time ago that if I were to want a new header for the blog, I could easily sketch it out and scan it, then get somebody to PhotoShop it into more-or-less good quality. After all, it's the recess week, isn't it? People should be quite unlikely to be urgently needing the scanner, and besides I can always pretend to be doing it for an Arts course. Of course scanning means it'll be entirely black-and-white, with shades of gray at best. I suppose I could get the PhotoShopper to add colours, but I'd probably save time if I downloaded and cracked PhotoShop on my own.

...So yeah. It looks like I shan't be getting a terrible lot of rest this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)