Xenon Bright Bright Grabspace

My final exam is tomorrow. I spent some time this afternoon studying--and last night, of course--and some time ago; my 25-page summary didn't type itself, you know. And this afternoon I and a couple friends went flipping through the past-year papers and I think we can all agree that as long as we can sufficiently memorise most of the contents of the lists--and there are many lists, believe me!--we ought to not come off too shabbily.

...but I can't quite make myself study. I don't know why. Well, actually, I do know--kind of--but that, at best, is only a partial explanation; it happens every semester and yet this is the first semester I can remember where I've been so attentive to the gradual emptying of the hostel as people finish their exams and pack their bags and disappear. The neighbours, for example: one of them left on Monday morning and the other leaves tonight (or early morning tomorrow--I'm not terribly certain); and several of my better friends here leave directly after the exams; and of course there was that departure last Tuesday, which I still haven't gotten over because the idiot hasn't replied MSN offline messages (and I'm rather impatient when it comes to instant messaging). And I'm a little bummed about not being able to go back to Patience this time... of course, it's not a question of ability. I can easily obtain plane tickets, arrange accommodation and entertainment, etc; but I'd be a massive drain on the Pig and the entertainment in Patience is limited at best--and of course the FYP is pressing and needs doing or it'll never get completed.

So I've been rather... lonely, I think, is the best way to describe it, for awhile; my only contact with humans outside my room is the occasional glimpse with the neighbours when they step into the toilet for relief or showering, or with the coursemates just before and immediately after exams, or when I talk to the canteen aunties while ordering food. In fact I think one of the people I'll miss most when I graduate will be the Noodle Stall Aunty in the NIE canteen, who by now recognises me on sight and constantly threatens me with inflation, but she's a nice person for all the blustering and she does make good pork rib noodles! (And always gives me lots and lots of fried onions which really is how she recognises me--my daily requests for extra fried onions made me stand out amongst all the other loyal customers, I expect. I think in her head she calls me "Onion Boy" or something like that, the way I think of her as "Noodle Stall Aunty"--of course, I just call her "Aunty" and she doesn't call me anything.) But yeah--and of course my room's a fair distance away from that canteen, and in fact I've been skipping meals out of sheer laziness ever since classes ended. Not the ideal kind of diet plan, though mints do stave off the hunger, and of course I've plenty of reserves.

Well. In 16 hours--a little less than 16 hours--I shall have leisure, and I'll go out gallivanting with friends and more or less have a good time of it. If I'm not too tired and depressed, that is. Heh. It's an odd sort of time to figure out that I'm much more social than I thought I am.

...you know, life is beginning to seem like a Sims game. Or maybe The Sims 3 is just a lot more realistic than expected in some ways--my Social meter's probably dipped into the red by now and I keep getting Wishes like Talk to Somebody or Talk to Self--at least the Hunger, Hygiene, Bladder, and Energy meters are easily taken care of. Entertainment... well, it's fair, I suppose, but talking about movies on Facebook doesn't quite compare to watching 'em in a cinema with friends and commentating on 'em throughout. (There isn't a cinema in The Sims 3, is there? There's a stadium and an opera house but not a cinema. How lacking.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)