Rewrite, Reiterate, Repeat

The semester is rapidly drawing to an end, and by now there's only a very little left of it to be gone through before I say goodbye to student days forever and then it's (as I keep telling everybody who asks what I think will happen after I graduate) homelessness and unemployment for me, I'll just sit on sidewalks and hold out a little tin cup jangling with change.

Well, really, one hopes the job market will be better than that. But I don't like living on hope; I'd like to live on certainty; but certainty is a precious scarce resource in the world we live in, and so I'll take hope as the next best available thing.

So what's been going on? This is very nearly a token update--the last two weeks haven't really contained anything of note: I wake, I do some studying, I sleep, it goes on and on; every now and then it's interspersed by events, like meetings or birthday parties or all-night board-game sessions that last nine hours or more and leave everybody heartily dry-mouthed. Board games, by the by, are a quite interesting way of gaining insight into a person's character--you don't even need the game to be particularly complex. All you need to do is let the person choose the game, and then watch how they play. It'll tell you pretty much everything about them. In my case, for example, I tend towards cooperative (or at least team v. team) games with some element of chance in them, fantasy themes, and I'm absolutely horrible at games that require fulfilling various criteria involving the eventual totting up of points--at least, such is my conclusion after the recent playing of various games and losing most of them quite badly. On the other hand lots of games are points-related--AgriCola, Railways, Citadels, Smallworld--and very few aren't--Shadow Hunters, Munchkin/ Munchkin Quest, Saboteurs--though I suppose it just shows that I'm not terribly great at strategising. Not one for the big picture, or for long-term plans, perhaps. Of course it might just be inexperience, but other people seem to have a real talent for thinking circles around everybody else, and doing it quick as a wink, too...

At any rate exams are coming, and I've started studying--erratically, but studying nonetheless! And looking at past-year-papers simply drives home the insufficiency of my studying, because there's always far too much to remember and not quite enough time to remember it all in. Personally I just find it ironic that I'm studying Optics notes and getting very little sun as a direct result, which I'm dealing with by leaving the doors and windows open--I haven't yet gone to the lengths of setting up elaborate arrangements of mirrors and lenses, even if I had any, to redirect plenty of sun into the room.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)