Aftermath of Party

Well, my sister’s party went off OK, not like what I envisioned. I did have to spend several milliseconds cleaning up, but I guess it was worth it. Some of her classmates were supposed to bring a karaoke set, but forgot. The karaoke’s absence was hardly noticed, though, since the piano completely dominated the scene for several hours as the more musically inclined ones pounded away at it and the less musical ones sang very off-key songs. Most of the songs were by S.H.E, which was appropriate considering the event, but I would have preferred Bach or Tchaikovsky. The only person she invited who was born in the same year as I was declined to appear as he would have to buy her presents and he was too stingy. Bad Pig Boy (a.k.a. Chu), very bad pig!! In any case, at least no-one had to starve because he wasn’t there to gobble up everything in sight and no-one vomited at the revolting sight of him eating. (I always think of black holes at his reaction to all things edible. Oh well, all things weird and wonderful, the Lord God made them all…even Wonder Fools like the Pig!)
Some of my exam papers are coming back now, and I haven’t failed anything so far. The closest I’ve come to failing so far is 54 for my Morals paper. It just shows the amoral state I’m in. I blame it on school. Only school would make your ability to remember definitions and your ability to write about all the values someone is practicing when he/she is doing something a measuring mark of your morality. For example, by writing this I am practicing the value of dedication, which means that I am typing this out of my sense of duty. This is grammar-perfect; therefore I practice the value of nit-picking, which means that I am a perfectionist who likes to do things well. And so on. Completely stupid, don’t you think?
Anyway, this is all for today. Actually, I only did this because Kelvin has been nagging me to blog even when there’s nothing to blog about. I wonder if he blogs much at all?

Comments

Kel said…
'Aftermath' ? Did someone drop a 5 kilotonne warhead on your house or something?

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)