You Idiot, Me Not Happy¬¬

Holidays might be a nice idea for the Form Five students of SM Loch Yuck, if they actually occurred. We were supposed to have a week of holidays next week, but no, the cue ball we call the Unprincipled of the school decided that the best class in school needed more classes, ostensibly to better our grades in the upcoming exams. And to think that no other secondary school in the city has them. Hah!! What he needs is some serious quality time with the school counsellor and a bottle of Hair Grow. I seriously believe that the reason he tortures us so (poor, innocent, pure, downtrodden angels that we are) is that he’s jealous of every single hair on our heads. Classic envy complex is my diagnosis: some time alone in the nearest mental institution and far away from normal people, my suggestion.
My results in the exam just got back. I only failed one subject this time (Oh joy!) and got three A’s, one of which was Malay, which was never one of my best subjects. My average being 61.00 exactly, I have hopes of doing moderately well in the next mock exam. By moderately, I mean not failing anything (fat chance) and getting maybe four A’s (slim chance).
I just finished Vanity Fair, lent to me by a charitable classmate. Thackeray certainly writes long novels, and it was the first time I’d seen so many different languages crammed into one English novel (it took me approximately 12 hours to finish it, which is about 4 times the time I took to finish Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire). French and German I was used to (Bronte, Ludlum) but Greek and Latin…? The guy was what, a multi-linguist and a great novelist to boot! Sounds like prime nerd material to me…but then who am I to judge? I also finished Asimov’s Foundation’s Edge (3 hours tops). It’s great, but then what do you expect from a SF genius? He wrote I, Robot, after all. It seems tonnes of movies are being made out of books these days. First were the Bourne movies, the LOTR trilogy, the HP series, and now the Robot series. One would think that modern movie scriptwriters had no new ideas and had to resort to semi-plagiarism, except that movies based on books are never quite like the books they’re based on. The books are infinitely more interesting, but that’s just a geek’s opinion. My friend the Pig would undoubtedly have a very different opinion, being addicted to the silver screen and allergic to paper products in all forms. He doesn’t know what he’s missing, but so much the better, since I can then gloat over him!
I love to gloat. Ask anybody.

Comments

Aiming said…
Maybe the Unprincipled of the school should visit Yun Nam Hair Care ;D too bad there's no branch here in Sabah
Kel said…
How profound.

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)