Pre Bookstore

I bathed today, with the nearest experience so far to a KK cold-water bath as the hot water was all being used up by another sibling in another bathroom. At least it helped get rid of some of my fatigue; I woke at 8 this morning and, again, have been out all morning, afternoon, and evening.
Sleeping at 11 last night didn’t help. I was up last night setting up my second G-mail account. Herr Robson, who was online at that hour, suggested the name for it: panthera.sapiens@gmail.com. It’s based on a nickname I’ve had since 11 years old, slightly modified and paraphrased to sound more imposing. I am, after all, a science student.
I have watched ‘White Chicks’ on DVD. It was pirated, of course. Fake DVDs are everywhere in the place; one can’t walk five hundred metres without seeing one. It’s not too bad, but the plot could do with a lot of help. Maybe these things are the reason for the spate of book-based movies; books’ plots, generally, are better than those of movies.
I shall be going to Fuzhou Road tomorrow with about RMB 160. I’m none too sure what I do plan to buy, but I shall get some classics. My shopping list includes a book for Wolf, books for myself, 2 MRT tickets, and lunch. Of course, I’ll be alone as my siblings must study.
I’ll be happily reading while they study. So the SPM did have a little use after all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)