Examinations Are Back Again

I thought, when the Stinking Purple Muck was over, that I'd never be truly stressed out again. It strikes me that I can really be very, very optimistic at times, because I was wrong and I have gotten stressed.
I'm currently going through my bi-monthly exams, and so far I've had Chemistry, Biology, English, and Pure Math. Chemistry was a horror (I couldn't figure out the limiting reactant and so got a whole equation wrong); Biology was little better (everything I needed was on the tip of my tongue. Unfortunately it stayed right there and refused to come out my fingertips); Math was relatively easy, except for a couple of subquestions requiring diferentiation (which the teacher cancelled, fortunately for me); and English was, as usual, a piece of cake. I finished the exam in ten minutes and have been assured by the teacher that I've gotten all the questions that she's marked so far correct, except for one--because the question was faulty and so became a bonus mark.
Physics is coming up, and so is Advanced Math. I'm not really planning to study for either, mostly because I have an odd tendency to underestimate math-related subjects, but I think I'll have to brush up a little on Physics. My projectile motion and vectors have rusted a little since last year.
But I do have proof that I'm putting my knowledge to use: the nearly-invisible scar between the index and middle fingers of my right hand is proof. I got that leaping over the barbed wire separating my hostel from the main campus. The events are as follows:
On Saturday, I found myself with about 9 bucks left to go through the day with. On Sunday morning, lunch and various other expenses left me with three bucks for dinner, washing clothes, bread, and pandan paste. Definitely not enough. Unfortunately, the shortcut is locked up on Sundays (possibly to prevent 2000 hostel residents from invading the school on Sunday and razing it to the ground), and the pathway is bordered by barbed wire fencing.
I found a couple of plastic chairs on my side of the fence and put one against the fence, then looked to make sure I had a way back in. (This was done, on my way back, by walking over the absent security guard's chair and table.)
Anyway, you don't need to know too much in case you end up becoming an accessory after the fact and have to attend my trial. I did get over the fence, and I did get to the ATM in the canteen without apprehension, and I did get my money withdrawn, and I did get back into the hostel without further injuries. I also did get pursued by a cloud of attack mosquitoes when I went over the drain (they followed me for about 50 meters and stung me 13 times on the right arm, 10 on the left arm, 11 on the right leg, and 5 on the left leg). They were waiting for me when I came back, too, so I got another lot of stings. Fortunately, they didn't carry dengue fever even though they were striped like miniature zebras. (Very annoying, bloodsucking, flying zebras, to be sure.)
By the way, according to a test I took, I'm an ISTJ according to the MBTI test, and I make up about 10% of the population. Which is distinctly strange, because I don't see anybody else like me at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)