I Should Not. But I Do.

Yes, well, sorry for the increasingly infrequent updates... my days are getting surprisingly packed full of perfectly unproductive activities: chatting, reading e-books, DotA, and the like. In fact I haven't swum for a month already and I'm starting to get an itch for the water, but I'll only go maybe this Friday after the two coming CAs and the speech.

Last week was the economics test, which turned out to be rather simpler than I'd thought--then again it was all multiple-choice stuff. The real exam is expected to be full of calculations and subjective questions, like all the others, so it probably will require rather more in-depth study.

This week? Insanity. I've got three things on the plate marked Thursday: the biomol CA, the physics CA, and the speech assignment I've got to prepare for the effective comm module (I've been calling it "effed comm" to the confusion of people around me). I think I'll talk about impromptu speeches; certainly I've seen plenty of those.

And next week is going to be the chem CA, which at least will be slightly less stressful for me since I've learned some of that stuff before in the A-levels, although admittedly most of it's rather rusty beyond use. I've got to print out all the notes and run through 'em sometime this week...

It's quite shocking how quickly the end of the semester is upon me. I keep thinking I came here only a month or two ago until I realise it's the end of October already and the end-of-semester exams are two weeks away. All the lectures are ending soon, the tutorials will soon finish as well, and then I'll be stuck in front of this screen all day long with my papers spread all over the place and my ruler and pencil busy highlighting a multitude of information I think might be pertinent to the exams... It's a depressing forecast, yes? Especially given my incredible lack of self-discipline that somehow compels me to read manga in the middle of a studying spree.

So I guess I've gotta cultivate the sense of insane goal-orientedness that causes Marsh to enter workaholic mode every now and then when exams draw near; four years of this sort of thing will certainly not get me the 4.0 CGPA I want...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)