Let My Inanity Prove My Insanity

I'm very tired at the moment. In fact I've been tired for quite awhile, but it hasn't got to such epic proportions before... I suppose all the weeks of 7-hours-of-sleep-a-day have finally taken their toll, because right now all I want to do is set my alarm for next week, curl up in my bed, and go dreamily off to happy land. After all, I've got a headache and my eyes simply refuse to go for more than 2 minutes without a hard blink (I get this weird tic when I suffer from lack of sleep--I blink extra hard and for much longer than the usual 1/16th of a second). So you understand my bed is extremely attractive right now.

Of course, I can't do that. Not with the Econs test on Thursday (and 5 lectures to revise for it); the Biomol and Physics tests next week (and since we don't know when the Biomol quiz will be, it could for all we know be on the same day as the Physics); and then Chem the week after that. At least one prof has said that the lectures will soon cease with the end of the semester, which frees us up to do more revisions and maybe sleep a little better.

I hope I manage to do well--with the sort of money I'm spending, it's not a nice idea to flunk anything. My parents would kill me (or drown me in sorrow), or worse, chop my allowance down. A horrible thought, truly.

In any case the finals are next month (actually there's another 3 weeks to go) so I've got to start knuckling myself on the forehead and get down to mugging like mad.

The Corn decided to teach me to cook spaghetti last night. The procedures are basically do-as-label-says, so I'm only listing the ingredients here.

Spaghetti: Raw spaghetti, hot water, salt.
Mushroom soup: Canned mushroom soup, hot water.
Sauce: Prego, minced beef, chopped-up onion.

And that's really all. It even tastes pretty good and fills people up.

I met Brain Rink (in the flesh) last Saturday, at the nearest bus interchange. She's really tiny, far too pale to look normal, and she bakes good cookies--she gave me a tupperware of 'em and there're only 2 left now. I rationed them out. In any case we only talked for 5 minutes before she had to catch a bus to go meet somebody else, and I had to catch a bus back to the University for a class.

Silver D, Divinity, and Clay Sister were rabid for details on MSN; apparently there was some hidden meaning in the meeting that I've missed somehow, and nobody's telling me what it was supposed to be. In any case Brain Rink says she wants Clay Sister so there's no worry of romantic entanglement (for one thing, she's much too pale; for another, I'd still much prefer the Coconut), even if those cookies seem to have been drowned in heart-shaped sprinklies.

I also met Gobbler, but on Sunday. We had lunch at Subway, and my goodness those sandwiches are good too. (I seem to be having a lot of good food suddenly.) We chatted awhile before we had to separate to go study: my tests and his O-levels begin this week.

Which reminds me of the Encouragement Dinner, held by the Malaysian Students' Association on Saturday night; we had this buffet dinner in a canteen (the owner of the place is an alumnus of the University and offers discounts to students) and then, since it was a joint gathering between those from private chinese schools and those from government schools, we had to have icebreakers, various games, etc; and we topped the whole thing off with some rather weird-looking dance moves that didn't seem quite so weird at the time for some reason. I think we hogged the whole place until almost 11pm (we began at 6.30).

And then there are the goodie bags that my faculty gave out as encouragement too: except that those goodie bags contained magazines (Her World, Maxim, and the Singaporean Arts Organisation newsletter); pasta sauce; Mentos; and a mechanical pencil. Rather odd sort of things...

That's it, I've decided I must sleep or I'll never manage to wrap my mind around anything potentially useful in the exams.

So I'm off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)