Rage Overwhelming

Today is not a good day for me. First of all, I've got the Econs final the day after tomorrow and I'm only starting to cram today. Second, I woke up 2 hours ago (at 2pm) since it rained all night and apparently all morning, which has an extreme soporific effect on me. And third...

Well, a couple weeks ago I had a biomol quiz. The thing about these quizzes is that they have an effect on the final grade we receive, and are supposed to ensure that the students don't resort to last-minute cramming. Personally I think they only force the students to change the schedule of said cramming, since we cram for the quizzes too.

In any case, that particular quiz was on a terribly difficult topic, lots of protein names and mechanisms and processes and things to remember, and we had another quiz (Physics) on the same day, immediately after the biomol, which may have had an effect on the kind of studying that occurred. In any case I definitely recall sleeping late while cramming the two subjects, and then going through the quiz with more than a little panic.

The lecturer does like his difficult questions, I declare. I did try to answer, but even then I didn't think my chances were good--but, you know, I wasn't expecting to fail!

Yes, that's right. I've FAILED a test. Biomol, no less. One of the subjects I always thought I might be relatively good at. A measly 36% of that--and the test was 20% of the final grade, which leaves me with 9% to add on to whatever grade I get for the final.

And what's more it's a bell curve--which effectively throws me into the D category if not the C, which then throws my CGPA into a deep, deep depression that I wonder if it will ever recover from. It's very depressing, I tell you. Depressing!

And decidedly angering. For some reason I seem to have the notion that putting effort into something is supposed to entitle one to a relatively acceptable grade... well, obviously that notion doesn't work, and I'll have to figure out a better way. Or maybe I'll just have to throw even more effort in. Or something...

Right now, though, I wish the Pig was around. He's always been a pretty good punchbag, both verbally and physically. The kind I wouldn't mind throttling because one could be sure of not doing any permanent damage. But I wouldn't mind having a few cheap ceramics around too, so I could throw 'em at the wall and relieve myself of the anger swirling around my mind right now. Can you tell I'm irritated?

I'm below average--AGAIN! Everybody else scored in the 20--30% range, and I'm just 2 points below the average group. It's like the math quiz: I'm always just a little below everybody else... Why is it that I never manage to make the average? And why do people still insist on considering me clever when all the evidence points in the opposite direction? Is it the spectacles? The bad hair? I hate. Right now, I hate hate hate hate hate myself.

There, I admitted it, OK? I hate.

Now let me go stomp around a bit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)