Semester Beginning

It's the first day of the semester, and I'm already plumb tuckered out--loads of new information to process and somehow fit into what I already understand, not that that happens to be very much. I still don't know what it is about being in the hostel that always fatigues me so: perhaps it's the increased time spent at the computer, perhaps it's just the fact that I'm on school. But it's a fact that I suddenly find my favourite places being in front of my laptop or in my bed. And one of the most intensely disliked times in my day being when I wake up.

I suppose it's a rotten start. Perhaps I should be more full of pep and zest and be raring to tear through my notes and tutorials, but the fact is I'm simply horribly tired for some reason. In any case I suppose I'll have to start sleeping earlier--maybe, say, before 12am. And then I'll have to wake up.

Nobody will ever catch me singing Good Morning Baltimore before I've had my coffee though.

...I just realised how very narrow my social circle in the place really is. I've seen most of the faces in my class for half a year, and then after one month's absence I come back, I look at all the faces and I realise I've somehow forgotten about 80% of their names, the remaining 20% being remembered only because I saw them on MSN at one time or another during the one month of holidays.

In fact I don't think any of them remember my name either, but that's only to be expected. I'm the invisible man when it comes to yearbooks: or rather the insignificant one. The one whom everybody knows was around but nobody is quite sure what's up with. I guess I'm quite used to that already, since it's happened at least 5 times. I don't remember any schoolmates from before I was 11, after all... or rather, I've no good memories involving any schoolmates from before I was 11. (And even so I don't have their names.)

Right now? Classes. Classes, classes, classes, and some administrative stuff to wade through--I've always had a knack for misplacing documents, and right now the documents in question are rather urgently needed and I've got to find some way of figuring out where they might be. And of course, classes. With the sort of results I got last semester, I really have to work a little harder this semester--or, more to the point, I should start working.

The Corn has suggested a study group comprising her, Hair Twist, and myself. I wonder if it's worth a try. Certainly it beats doing absolutely nothing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)