Foolscap Whirlwind

Well! The exams--my third round of them--begin in a little more than two weeks now. And I'm still woefully unprepared: biofluids is arguably the most worrying one, unintelligible as it is despite the genius of the lecturer--in fact it's quite possible, I'd say, that his sheer genius is the reason I can't understand it. After all when a genius talks, mere mortals must necessarily be confounded until such time as they meditate on the talk and, with glorious snapping of the fingers, understand what was said. Unfortunately time is not a resource I have in large quantity, and biofluids is only one of the many things that worry me.

And then? Mechanics of materials, which the Pig apparently has already studied and has most kindly attempted to help me with--the most recent example being a voice call over MSN re: the Mohr's Circle; but with the number of diagrams associated with it and the numerous variables and unknowns, not to mention the fact that he has absolutely lousy control over his mouse--it was little or no use at all. Very annoying. Biomolecular Engineering II: we had a quiz last week, 40 multiple-choice questions AND open-book so we could look everything up... and I got 70% for that. I dread the actual exam, which is unlikely to be quite so easy. There's so much to memorise! The body is too complex, I say, much too complex to expect anybody to know everything about it and what happens in it. So many reactions and names and things to memorise... and then, of course, there's Electronics, which I'm floundering hopelessly in. Easy Kill seems to be coasting along in it just fine, however; I'm not. The idea of dealing with little things flowing here and there and calculating what this does if you put a wire here and there or whatever... it's simply not my cup of anything. Cup of despair, maybe.

And there's a Mechanics quiz tomorrow which I'm dreading and really have no idea what to do with; the last one, I'm pretty sure I flubbed badly. This one doesn't promise to be any better... but any way I've started making summaries of most of my lecture notes, the way I've always done for the past two exams: listing down interesting diagrams and reactions and formulae, and hopefully having written them down will imprint them somewhere in the back of my head to be disgorged at the appropriate time. It also helps that I HAVE to understand what I'm writing before I write out... which helps greatly in the Electronics department, but explains why I've only managed to summarise one (out of maybe nine or ten) chapters so far.

The room is full of papers and files: on my desk, on the bed, on the floor beside my chair... I removed some of them to take a few photos a couple days ago when I made a quite nice picture of myself/ves, because I managed to use the timer function to take several photos of myself puttering around the same area, and then merged them all with extensive use of erasers and cut-and-paste; I'm quite pleased with the result.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)