One Hurtin' Emmer-Effer

I'm sick--again, for the second time this semester. I don't remember having been sick like this before, so I'm chalking it to either the weather or the room placement or some other variable that was different in the previous room.

Again, it's a sore throat, and began about five days ago now with coughing bouts and the occasional headache; at the time I just put it down to studying too much for Biomol, but a couple days ago I woke up groggy and unable to swallow without bright flashes of pain going off in my throat. At the same time I can't sleep well anymore--a great pity since sleeping-time is my favourite time--and I frequently wake up coughing and then have to drink, but that means I have to swallow. Also I'm very depleted of energy and move like an old man, or like a badly-done 3D film--the kind where everything seems to happen in slow-motion. Even walking is tiring.

This time I'm taking Strepsils cough syrup instead of the pipagao I took the last time; the Strepsils is much less viscous, more like a sort of weird, vaguely minty juice drink with a bad aftertaste. I think I prefer the pipagao, and not least because the texture of that one was much more soothing. But the Corn was right about one thing: pipagao is extremely sweet, at least in comparison to the Strepsils concoction. But the Stepsils syrup has a strange aftertaste that I always have to get rid of by water, which doesn't do anything to alleviate the pain in my throat.

The Coconut isn't giving me any more sympathy than a "take care of yourself". It's very depressing. And she's also telling me to not overeat and buy new sneakers while in China... I swear I will never understand the way the female mind works. How do sickness, appetite, and new sneakers correlate? In addition to which I, being sick, have a greatly-reduced appetite at the moment anyway. It's something to do with general lethargy and stuff... I should really be studying but at the moment I'm having a little pity party for myself.

Biomol was this morning; tomorrow will be eaten up in sickness and in studying Mechanics. Joy. I hate being sick, and the last time I was like this it took me about four weeks to recover--of course, that only occurred after I got that pipagao and pretty much finished the whole bottle off. I'd finish the whole bottle of Strepsils off right now, and pop off to bed, if there was any chance that it'd leave me wholly recovered tomorrow upon waking...

I'm considering getting lozenges on the advice of multiple parties.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)