Life As I Live It

The holidays are upon me! Well, they've actually been upon me for the past two weeks--it's a strange feeling to have the days pass so unmarkedly. I spent the first week of the holidays in school, naturally, packing things into boxes and moving them into the new room/temporary storage area; that, fortunately, came off okay despite me again falling through the cracks in the bureaucratic wall, not appearing on lists, etc; but all the same I got my new room and accompanying new roommate, with whom I exchanged exactly one line of dialogue:

Me: "Uh... hi."
Him: "If you'd move your boxes I can take my table away from beside your bed."
*moving occurs*

And thereafter I said nothing to him and had nothing said to me, which was a pity because his belongings looked like they might have an interesting owner; of course, I was only in that room for a little over 12 hours anyhow, of which about 5 or 6 were spent asleep; so it's not all his fault, I suppose. I spent the next day travelling from the hostel to my current location--So Hour, the grandfolks' house--and will be here until I can get my aunt to decide on when she wants to go up to KL; hopefully she'll choose an earlyish date or I'll have to let her go up alone because I really don't want to miss my flight. As it is I'm already three days behind my travel plans: I was expecting to be in KL three days ago now.

Of course, I still don't have a place to stay in KL... the Coconut's place is off-limits for obvious reasons, and everybody else is having classes and certainly hasn't got the time or space for me. Well, almost everybody else--I could probably ask Jogger's parents, except I'm not terribly familiar with them for one thing and for another I still don't know when I'm going up, and I don't want to sound as if I'm making hotel reservations even if that is basically what I'm doing. Of course if worst comes to worst then I can stay at the local inn, since Cheeky (an outside shot at best really that one) isn't even going to be in KL while I'm there. A most inconvenient situation. Actually, erase that... worst comes to worst, I'll temporarily bum with my cousin up there for two or three days and then leave for Patience, or else I'll go up on the 17th and stay overnight at the airport and fly the next day, insanely overpriced food be damned.

Life here isn't too bad. I get to sleep earlyish and wake whenever I will--the first two days found me up just before lunchtime, but my circadian rhythms have got more or less back to normal and now I wake just after everybody else finishes breakfast. Also I have a double bed (I'm not sure if it's a normal double or a Queen or a King), which is large and very soft and quite comfortable, though I do need to put up the mosquito netting at nights and take it down in the mornings. And of course there's food all the time, healthy food too, and cheap--a bunch of noodles the size of my fist costs about RM1, and my fists are not tiny ones.

The homebrew's going much more slowly than I'd thought; there's just too many factors and they're quite overwhelming: attack types, vulnerabilities, terrain effects (which then makes me need to create a whole world full of realistic geography), the different skills and their effects and what happens if you put them together... and all this, of course, for a game that few to no people will ever play, because nobody in this continent seems to have any interest in tabletop RPGs. Curse you, Internet MMORPGs!--but honestly it's interesting crafting things, but I like the things I craft to have some sort of use, and this one doesn't have any obvious one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)