Screwdriver of Better Size

I'm typing this from Patience, where I have been for the past four days or so... I wasn't expecting to have Internet really but living with friends who possess a router has its advantages. At any rate I'll be online for a little bit, maybe the next two or three days... might be useful seeing as how the exam results are coming out tomorrow (if I remember correctly). Not that I'm terribly wild to see them, but I might as well know the bad news sooner than later.

My ability to inflict unknown sorts of damage on electronics all around has manifested itself again, or perhaps it's just the laptop showing its age: something called the SCSI/RAID driver has got itself uninstalled somehow, and now every time I start the computer up, up pops a little Install New Hardware dialogue box that then proceeds to inform me that the New Hardware could not be installed properly and probably won't run. I've no idea what the significance of that is, but attempts to System Restore to an earlier state where this driver was working have failed repeatedly. It almost sounds like I need a reformat (plus something to deal with the annoying overheating malady). In addition my 3.5" hard disk, on which is about 250GB of photos, videos, episodes, movies, and various things... is undetectable on my laptop or on any of the desktops within reach. I did try to get Jogger to help me with it but there's only so much one can figure out from over MSN... I'll probably get one of the people from church to help me, surely there has to be somebody there who knows something about repairing electronics (preferably without wiping all the data on it but if it's necessary...).

It's usually times like these that I wish I had a genie or something. Aladdin was an idiot--though of course he was, according to the original sources, 15 or something--certainly not the kind of age one entrusts with (semi) cosmic, (near) phenomenal power! But then look at Jafar, too. Not the best wishes in the book, but then again they didn't have computers that keep overheating back then. They do now however, and at any rate if I had such wishes I'd likely draw up a long list of legalese to avoid any vaguaries and unexpected corollaries, etc, and still forget one large gaping loophole or something.

Comments

Ain Khairi said…
Yeah. Isn't it better if you have magic on your own than a magic lamp? Then, you can fix it in no time. :D
Yeah, but once you start on that idea then you realise that everybody else would potentially have their own magic too. Which would be a very bad idea.

I mean just look at what they do with crowbars, guns, kungfu...

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)