Well, Now What?

The exams are ended, and with them the main occupation of my time for the last three weeks or so. It's not that I like having exams all the time, but they do at least fill up the spaces and really, it's not like I've a terribly large amount of things pressing on me to be done.

My December is of course going to be busy--what's left of it, of course. There's people to meet: Gobbler, for example, before he flies off to see the parents on the 12th--I should call him sometime; a bunch of friends; there's at least two Crusade-related camps to attend, and if time permitted I would be up in Malacca attending another camp (heavens, I miss the KL church people rather), and of course I have to slot off a bit of time to go visit the grandfolks. It sounds busy, but in between all of that there's a lot of free time, and I've no idea what I'll do with it. Maybe I'll take up the novella I've always been planning but never actually done; maybe I'll make some lojban flashcards and practice on Herr Robson.

Speaking of things long-planned, I just came back from a buffet; a Japanese restaurant on campus has such a thing between 3pm and 6pm, and I (and two other friends) spent the past two hours there gorging ourselves and complaining about the paper. It was very cathartic, although I'm now convinced that despite all the studying I put in I still will not do well for that particular paper at least.

So I have a lot of time ahead of me; it's planning-time, then. Out comes the Excel file again for my plannings! ...it's amazing how quickly a negative freedom becomes a bother, or perhaps I'm just so used to being occupied that I'm not sure how to handle myself anymore now that I haven't got... you could call them constraints, I suppose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)