All Of A Dither

I must say that I really regret not learning to drive earlier. It’s not that I particularly want to drive, but it’s in my nature to want to finish something before beginning something else; which is most likely the reason why I hate movies and books with loose ends untied. Anyway, I’m going to finish learning driving sooner or later certainly; just not in good old KK.

I’ve accepted the offer from KTAR that they sent a few days ago, and as a direct result of that, I shall have to return to my old home place by the beginning of next month. To be painfully precise, I shall be installed in the KTAR campus hostel by the second of May, along with as many possessions as I can fit into a couple of large bags, including a pillow and my blanket as well as toiletries (none of those are included in the hostel room).

I shall be doing my A Levels in Science, but I have no idea what I shall choose; I think I shall finally abandon the idea of Biotechnology (Biology has always been my worst subject) and try out Physics and Chemistry, both of which I am somewhat proficient at. I shall certainly be taking Math, anyway, but that will be resolved sometime in the near future. Too near for comfort, in fact.

I finally took my law exam this morning and passed with 88%. I lost to the Pig again (he got 94), but who cares? I passed and that’s all that matters! Actually I was quite worried about it as I have a slight problem with my color sight, but it turned out just fine, thank God. I shall be doing the workshop course here (my tutor assured me that it’ can be done) but I shall have to do the practical bits in The Land of the Traffic Jam.

Of course this means that I’m in a bit of a rush these days; I’ve got a lot of shopping to do. My clothing is getting very ragged, for one thing; I’m famous in the family for making do with the same two or three pairs of clothes until they turn threadbare and tear, upon which I buy more and do the same thing again. Also I’m going to need an ATM card for the easy access to money (I’m sure I’ll need some of it), some basic supplies (face cream, soap, shampoo, and I’m so thankful I don’t shave!), and miscellaneous other items.

It also means I can’t do some things I was planning to do, like gloat over the Pig’s shorn and shaven head when he gets out of the Torture Camp, or drive around the place and raze every building in sight, or play four-way RISK with Wolf. I can’t do the last one anyway now that Wolf’s off somewhere with his own course; he got a scholarship. Obviously, I didn’t.

I’m in no shape to concentrate, obviously. It’s unsettling to go off somewhere totally new and try to make a whole new circle of friends, and even more so when there’s no uniform (what if I wear a truly horrific combination and turn into the campus clown?). And worst of all, what if I get the roommate from hell? And how does one go about making new friends, anyway? My social skills are somewhere between zero and minus one on a scale of one to ten, and that’s not going to help any.

I wonder how I’m going to make it through the first few weeks until I establish a comfortable living routine, being the creature of habit that I am.

Comments

itzytumor said…
whoosh..someone's coming back to KL!! haha...why not attend SAGC ya? hehe..there are members of SAGC studying in KTAR...so transport is least of the problem really! hehehe


hope u enjoy KTAR..i was once there doing my STPM for 8 months til i decided to do it privately! hhe..
Sure, who are they and how d'I get them to get me?
Aiming said…
where's this KTAR?

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)