The Question Is Moot

Yes, that title is a perfectly grammatical sentence. Not that I wouldn’t use it if it weren’t.

If you’re reading this post and you’ve been to this blog before, you’ve probably noticed the changes in the layout. If you haven’t, you can take my word for it. Either way, this is how this blog plans to stay until I decide to change it again, which probably will not be for another six or seven months. When I decide to change the layout, I’ll inform you; however, I don’t think I’ll do that for a long time. The HTML code was, colloquially speaking, hell to do. I don’t know how the website designers work.

Anyway, I’ve postponed my plans to take the test on Saturday; I’ll be taking it this week, preferably Tuesday or Wednesday. It was mostly because my sister’s schedule raised problems, but also because I decided to postpone it a bit, too.

I have become my ex-school’s unofficial Mooting advisor. The case this time involves a pair of Siamese twins and the doctor who separated them to give the stronger one a chance to reach adulthood but caused the death of the younger one indirectly and was therefore charged with murder. It seems to me like a very convoluted soap. I must confess that I have almost no idea how they’re going to argue this one!

Of course, I had no idea how to argue the last one, either, but that’s another matter; I wasn’t in any position of authority then.

However, right now I’m annoyed to the nth degree over my house’s lack of broadband services, which in turn is due to my family computer’s lack of a network card, which is due to my mom’s opinion that installing one would be too costly to be worth it, which is because she thinks that the presence of broadband services is going to be a powerful lure away from our academic life. Ah, the thoughtfulness of my beloved mater.

I would be tearing my hair in agony if I weren’t typing. I could afford to do all that, of course, but it would be hardly worth it to me because I’m expected to be leaving the house anytime soon for my further studies.

Speaking of which, I’ve gotten an offer from UTAR saying that I’ve been accepted to do Journalism courses. (My mother went half-mad, going on and on about my two Science As—and neither of them was for Biology—, the fact that she thinks journalism has no future, and her belief that journalism will not suit me at all in temperament.) She now wants me to re-apply for Biotechnology courses.

I think I’d rather stay here and do my Form Six; it may be difficult, but I’ll have some friends nearby, the environment will be familiar, and I’ll be able to drive if need be, especially since I can be driving this time two months. On the other hand, if I took up the offer of Journalism, I’d have to be in KL by the end of May. Of course my accommodation problems are covered (I used to live in KL, so I’ve got loads of people I can stay with), but I know hardly any people my own age.

Just when I was complaining that my life was boring, God gives me all these problems at once. He has a very odd sense of humor, I must say; or maybe it’s just that I’ve got to learn the lesson of always being contented in my circumstances, broadband-less though I may be.

As a parting note: it’s odd that I am getting so many requests on Friend Steer, given the warnings I put up on my description of moodiness and insult fests. I can only suppose that those people didn’t bother to read my description—which would make it odd if I bothered to look them up—or that they did but thought it worthwhile to try anyway to befriend such an old curmudgeon as I. (I like that word; to me it suggests a crusty unpleasantness, something like a displeased crabbiness. I like it very much.) Hmmm. Maybe I’ll put them on my MSN list.

Then again, given the large amount of people on my MSN list that I don’t see regularly, it’s a hundred to one if I ever do see them online and run the risk of actually having a relationship with them. (It’s also odd that Friend Steer has joint horoscopes for me and people I don’t even know, but it’s not so odd that the horoscopes are never right.) Anyway, I think I’m adding broadband services to my prayer list. Who knows, a miracle could just occur.

One last note: I just watched Sister Act One. I know it’s a really ancient movie, and I know it’s at least three billion millennia out of date, but I enjoyed it all the same. I mean, just look at the plot. A lounge singer turned undercover nun, Mafia killers who are so devoutly Catholic that they can’t even cock a gun in church, boyfriends who give away their wives’ mink coats to their girlfriends, as well as a very unorthodox vicar. I’d say it was a good movie, and yes, I admit that the singing was a strong point in its favor. I’ve always been a sucker for musicals and/or movies with good harmony in them.

Comments

Robson said…
Hey now that movie sounds interesting, or did u just made it sound so... hrmmmm...
itzytumor said…
form 6 is not entirely tough if u put ur heart in it..serious, not mentioning that i did awfully for stpm! haha..

hey, u'll do good in journalism. serious! pray about it and let God decide. but biotech, in my humble in opinion..doesn't have a future neither! =)

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)