A is for Biology

It's amazing! I never expected to do at all well in Biology--in fact, it was the worst of my subjects in SPM along with History--but out of the blue, I got an A for it! 80 marks! And to think that just a few minutes before receiving it, I was telling Cheeky Long that I'd be satisfied with "only" an A. (I never expected to actually have it happen.) Well, God be praised, I've gotten the very first A ever I've got in Biology.
Of course, it's likely to be the last one I'll ever receive, given that I don't study much at all. If I can manage to keep the trend going, on the other hand, it'll be proof that my brain somehow grew an extra couple million of memory cells. Woo hoo! (Pardon the colloquialism.)
I have, it appears, been projecting a very odd image of myself to some people. On Saturday, Psycho, Gene, myself, and a kid called Vida (an anagram!) went to cheat Patty Queen out of some money. It was legal--they're having some kind of All You Can Drink promotion going on--so we took advantage of that and decided to have a competition.
The rules: Using a 300 ml cup, drink as much [insert name of soft drink] as possible within 45 minutes, without a straw, and beginning with half a cup of crushed ice. No going to the toilet for any reason until the last 10 minutes of the competition. Eating during competition optional.
The contestants: Psycho, Gene, Vida, and myself.
The results: Gene--9 cups, myself--6 cups, Psycho--5 cups, Vida--4 cups.
It turned out that although Psycho has an immunity to brain freeze (the headache caused by sudden coldness) and a great gulping ability, his capacity, like mine, is none too great. Also, the two of us are a little on the skinny side and ended up shivering from the combined effect of drinking cold soda and the store's air-conditioners! Gene, on the other hand, is "pleasantly plump" and didn't suffer from the shivering, so managed to keep on drinking without any noticeable stop except when he went for refills.
We all ended up with sugar rushes and a sudden fondness for the toilets at the end of the competition.
I also went shopping (after ensuring that I was at the cheapest place in town to get clothes). Because my clothes are largely old and unfashionable (like the rest of me), and because of the megasales being on, I succumbed to temptation (and the gentle hints from the world at large) and went shopping for clothing. I spent the equivalent of three weeks' daily expenses in thirty minutes and bought 8 items of clothing.
According to my sister and the Pig (they have more clothes than I, so I compared prices with them), I have gotten very cheap deals. Especially since the Pig assures me that none of his clothes costs less than 49.90! (I would have asked Gene, but his fashion sense gives me the creeps.)
And today, it appears that I have been reinstated as the class King of English, with (I believe) the highest mark in class: 88%. I did ask Gambler just to make sure, but she suspected me of setting her up and refused to answer. Some people are so distrustful of their foes. Saddening, isn't it?
Vida brought a digital camera along, so I'll be putting up some photos in due time. All people who want to preserve their mental sanity should not look at those photos. Trust me; I've seen them, and even without braces I can still make little children scream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)