Beware the Female. It Bites.

Yes, I'm sorry I didn't post last week already. If it makes you happier, I'm suffering a terrible headache right now and I bet you caused it. Well?

Of course, the headache was caused by my playing MapleStory until 1 something this morning and getting only 4 hours or so of sleep before school. (All my sources say that's not a good thing.) And I regret it too: I got sleepy while playing the game and accidentally spent a few Skill Points on a pointless skill. (The character gets 3 Skill Points per level and I wasted 2... and it's not reversible!) I'm rather annoyed at myself for not looking closer.

My spectacles are falling apart. It may be due to the mold, their age, or any combination of the two, but since Smooth's glasses are about the same age and his glasses look just fine, I'm inclined to think it's the mold. I really ought to listen to the optician and clean my glasses every now and then, but I keep forgetting. In any case I think I'll go get new glasses this weekend. It'll be a large drain on the pocket, but it's better than having to carry a screwdriver around all the time because the screw keeps falling out.

Plus the frame has gotten twisted somehow and (Smoothb says) that it makes me look distinctly nerdish. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you; but he says it gives him the creeps. Not that that's a bad thing either. It'll at least give me an edge in poker.

It's safe to say that right now, I'm irritated at two females. Not irritated exactly...angry or furious might be a better term. Not that I've shown it yet, apart from avoiding them--I tend to avoid unpleasantry when I can--but I certainly would love to if there wouldn't be any consequences.

Serene is the first culprit--and I can safely say that her name belies her temper. (Herr Robson, this is how to use the word "belied".) I think I started it, but she did ask for it... She tends to send lots of messages asking for people's opinions of her. I used to send back messages that were... well, not flattery, but close. Maybe that's why she sent so many of those messages.

But last week she sent me a message asking what I didn't like about her, and suffice it to say that I was honest and she started screaming at me the next day. Not literally, but I couldn't talk to her without her jumping all over me and yelling blue murder. She gets very caustic at times.

I think I'll just avoid her for a week or two. She cools down pretty quickly, I think; and besides, she doesn't actively pursue me.

Unlike Her Shortness the Queen of Idiocy, hereafter simply called Her Shortness! The idiot of a girl thinks she can give commands to me--and what's more, she thinks I'm going to obey her! I'd spit in her face if I didn't have to stoop to half my height to do it. I know I shouldn't, but believe you me, I'd love to do it. And I'd probably take a video recording of the whole thing just so I could enjoy listening to her screams after it.

Apparently she got the notion that she is superior to me. How she got it is beyond my understanding, but it appears that she doesn't have any understanding to speak of in the first place. That she thinks I shouldn't be within ten feet of her, I can tolerate. Perhaps I did her some wrong in the ancient past and her elephantine memory has dredged it up, and she thinks I still ought to pay for it. Perhaps she just thinks that being a friend of my sister gives her control over me!

But if Her Shortness thinks that she is about to have me do her bidding--without so much as a "please-and-thank-you"--she had better examine her definition of "think" and see if she really is doing it, because all I see in those vacant eyes is--vacancy. She might as well have a huge "Empty--To Let" sign stuck on her brain.

I know I had a spat with her sister some months ago--the girl kept on trying to block me during captain ball (it's a kind of basketball where the hoops are replaced by players. Go Wikipedia it.) and since she's so short I can barely see the top of her head, the predictable happened. (And who asked her to try to body slam me anyway?) She got tangled up in my feet and I fell on top of her at least four times before the girl got half a neurone and moved two feet away, only to charge in again the moment I moved towards the ball. Well, you can't blame me if she fell down another ten times or so! I'm not exactly the most graceful guy on the block.

I apologised for falling on top of her, of course, but the elephantine memory seems to run in that family. Amazing how absolutely stupid some people insist on being. In any case, if either of them thinks that that incident (over three months ago as far as I'm concerned) gives them any kind of a hold over me, they have another think coming, because I'm not about to let it be.

This isn't like the Serene case, where at least I know what's going on. This one, from my point of view, is sheer idiocy. Completely pointless, and I do not enjoy verbal abuse from anybody. I've had seven years of it already, thank you very much, and I know how to defend myself.

She may be in church and a fellow Christian, but guess what? That's no defense. My tongue can be as poisonous as any, and I can give as good as I get. Ask my family--they know. I have a cruel streak of my own, and if you think that's an empty threat, look through the photos on my phone and ask how I got the lizard skeleton.

The headache has gotten worse. Dwelling on idiots was never good for my mental balance anyway.

On to lighter things. My father was in town last week, so that's why I didn't blog. I was busy shuttling back and forth between the school, my room, and his hotel (50 minutes away by LRT). It was very nice being with him, and he brought some stuff along--he went to Germany recently, and he bought a lot of World-Cup-themed stuff (shirts &c). Now I've got a Polish jersey, and I've no idea what I'm going to wear it to.

My brother also came up from Singapore for awhile--their holidays are different from mine, so he had last week free--and well, it was nice. We found out that I sound more expert than he is about DotA, but he's still the better player. Typical me, of course--the crapping expertise strikes again. We also didn't argue at all about anything, which was a first in itself.

(The last time he was here, I yelled at him and kicked a chair out from under him. He yelled back. Well, that's what brothers are for, right? To have the fights you can't have with anybody else.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)