Grace (Amazing is Amazing)

I'm rather maudlin today. But Amazing Grace (the movie) is awesome, more so than most video biographies of people are; it's one of the few nonfiction movies I've watched that I like (Mythbusters episodes and documentaries do not count as movies), and not just for the great music at the end--seriously, bagpipes and flutes and drums and tambourines and cymbals and lots of brass thingies that I didn't really identify because by then the ending theme was swelling and I was getting shivers down my back.

Like I said, I've been maudlin today. Not just today. Possibly since Friday. With all the people from the Bible Study leaving for the holidays, one simply can't shake the feeling of being left behind while everybody goes off somewhere else, even though one knows they'll be back eventually. It's probably a huge factor behind me spending so much time with them of late; I have massive separation anxiety issues.

I also need to get boxes and start preparing to pack; and I have so many books to read. But those can wait until after the internship, or during the nights. At the moment the internship has things of greater urgency to be done.

And I must sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)