The Green-Eyed Monster

Meow recently got a thousand bucks for getting 6 A’s in the Stinking Purple Muck. I suppose that she now sees it as So Profitable, Meow. As for me, I’m pretty much boiling in jealousy.
I suppose I have this thing about money. Yeah, yeah, the love of money is the root of all evil, blah blah blah and so forth, but I think it would be nice for once to have money come so easily.
After all, I just checked my bank account and it has a little over one thousand in it—for the first time since I opened it eleven years ago—and only because I spent 42 days in the mart, sweating and laboring under the delusion that I was profiting.

And here’s Meow, being patted on the back for getting one A less than I did, and having money showered on her like rain, while I’m sitting at home, listening to my mom scream day after day about how I’ve disgraced the family name for the next three eons by getting three A’s less than Lieu (his mom was my mom’s classmate), and I’m still pretty much penniless. Considering that the trip to Killer emptied my pocket and landed me in debt, that’s not to be wondered at, but still…
I’m so jealous. It seems so unfair that life is so easy on others and so horrible to me.
And of course, if my mom ever reads this she’ll begin a whole new scream about how I’m so lucky and some starving child in Gambia would cut off their right foot to be in my position and I should have worked harder and longer just to deserve to live and breathe in the first place when she’s working her fingers to the bone to raise the five of us…

It’s not that I don’t appreciate it, I do. But I don’t like being told to appreciate it, and I certainly don’t appreciate being told about it time and again.

It doesn’t help one bit that I’m bored to infinity and beyond. I’m due to start learning driving (law) next weekend, and I’m dreading it. I’m also stuck in scholarly oblivion, mostly because the family opinion was to keep the options open last year and avoid getting stuck with A-Levels, or any foundation course, or anything for that matter.

So now I’m stuck here in the house, studying Physics on my own with input once a week from my old teacher. And the best thing is that I don’t even understand a single word of it. Makes one wonder how I got the A for that anyway.

At least I do occasionally see a friend or two, online. That’s all my contact with the outside world amounts to; and I never see any of my old friends online anymore anyway. I can’t even access the charitable ex-classmate’s blog. (Charitable ex-classmate, please leave a comment if you’re reading this to tell me what to call you in the future. This name is too long to keep typing for comfort.)

At least I’m not in Gambia. So that’s one silver lining to this green storm cloud hanging over me right now. Does anybody out there have any more for me?

Comments

Robson said…
Lets have a look... RM 700 for 7A's = RM 100 per A. RM 500 for 11A's not incl. of 1119... that gets about RM 45.45 per A. And I didn't get the chance to see it.

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)