But I Euphemise

I finished reading The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole for the second time last Saturday. The first time I read it was when Chronicles lent it to me, and we spent a bit of time wondering why Adrian Mole was so obsessed with sizes of various bodily parts. We were both 12 at the time.

Now it's 6 years later, and I can understand most of the obsessions. However, those are not my main point at this time, firstly because those obsessions took place years and years ago. Right now I'm just bemused by the fact that Adrian Mole even decided to censure various X-rated words from his diary. Whatever happened to 'a diary is where you are completely honest and write whatever you want'? The guy's gone and put little asterisks, euphemisms, and little italics all over the place instead of properly detailed references to... whatever.

It has just struck me that perhaps the language I have been using on this blog is a little too PG for my readers; after all, everybody else seems to swear all the time and they are getting along just fine. Still, just in case my parents happen to come across this blog I'll have to change the swearwords a little here and there just in case they don't like it. So you'll just have to watch out for the odd word here and there.

It helps that I know seven different English synonyms for shit. (The Pig nearly died laughing the first time I recited them all. He then proceeded to read a thesaurus for what I believe is the first time ever in his copulating life.)

Anyway, I've gotten some of my exam papers back. I scored another A for Biology, which means that the odds of my getting another A on the third exam (in three weeks' time, stitch it) have gone down to the extent that it will be Gehenna difficult to get the third A. I also got half my math paper back, and against all odds I got the exact same score as that mutating Cheeky. We even got the little red circles in the same carcinogenic places, for those reproducing significant figures!

The English objective papers are, of course, back. I missed my target, though, and made three mistakes. Most youkaishly annoying, but at least I'm far and away the best in class for now. (I haven't asked anybody from the Business Class in case they think I'm gloating.) The essays, on the other hand, are expected back on Friday. The teacher is marking them very, very slowly indeed.

One of my predictions, happily, did not come true: The Chemistry test I was expecting today didn't occur. Of course this means I get to carry on being stressed like waste, but at least it's the kind of stress I can do something about: I ignore it and sleep. Unfortunately this only means that the test is coming sooner or later. Sew it all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)