Meat and Poison

It's been an awfully stressful week for me. I don't like having exams. Who does? Even the adults I talk to sometimes admit that the best thing about being grown up is that they don't need to sit for any exams any more.

May they have joy of it. I certainly don't. The Applied Math exam, for example. I do declare Mr. Eek sees exams as a way of getting back at the students who mock his speech impediments. There's no other logical reason for his setting killer questions in every examination and awarding them enough marks to pass or fail everybody. Everybody usually fails, of course, except a very few who somehow, inexplicably, strangely, are both on his good side and have a talent for Applied Math.

And the Biology exam! Heavens, I admit that the human body is wonderfully made, and I know plants are incredibly delicate and difficult to understand... but why oh why are scientists so stitched egotistical? The chamber of Me, the You-ian fibers, the bundle of His... hello. Wouldn't it be so much simpler to do what chemists do and give everything simple names? And, of course, to get rid of the crazy spelling. With these exams it's no wonder that the predominant perception of science is long, long, long names with weird pronunciations and spellings.

The Physics exam... I don't even want to think about it now. No names, true, it's all formulae... but so many! And they have to be juggled like balls, interchanged, switched, and occasionally reduced into nothingness. I'm going to fail this one for sure, I just know it. I never do well when I have to focus on forty-five different things at once. Oh, sorry, significant figures... forty-five point zero zero zero.

It's Gene's birthday today. I hope he's happy and he enjoys it, even if he does play basketball. I would go but I haven't got transport.

It's Dipper Valley and Rayon Day next week, so I won't be able to appear online as often as I'd like. Terrible things, public holidays. I always get bored during then, but maybe I'll go check out a really, really thick couple of books and spend the days lost in page after page of fiction.

After all the studying I've done this week, I deserve it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)