Easter and ...Her.

Belatedly, this blog wishes any visitors it might chance to have a happy Easter. The fact that this greeting is belated is due to the blogger's own inability to blog on Sundays and so this is a very subtle hint that I want a laptop.

My church put on a couple of programs--one on Good Friday and one on Easter--and I was involved with both since the youth in my church decided to put on a play and I got dragged into it by my sister.

Actually, I wasn't involved in it at all in the beginning, since I was originally a very minor bit part who could just as easily have been scrapped. In fact I was planning to scrap myself, since I have a bit of a phobia about drawing attention to myself in a crowd.

And then I went and opened my big mouth. Since my previous youth, back in Patience, also did this play, I "knew" how it "should" be done and started offering my unwanted two cents.

Actually it was a lot more than two cents. More like a couple hundred million. In any case, it was eventually decided that the one who kept talking ought to practice what he was preaching and I found myself playing a major role PLUS the earlier bit part, which meant I had to do some quick costume changing. Fortunately it wasn't particularly complicated.

I think it went well, since the church didn't rise up as one, point to me and yell "Excommunicate him!!" (I find I tend to prove things negatively--I call something good when nothing goes bad. It's odd.)

By the way, I think I might actually be crushing. THIS IS ONLY A POSSIBILITY AND PROBABLY SHOULD NOT BE TRUSTED. But I do admit I'm suddenly more sensitive to everything she says. I find myself trying to interpret everything she says in the light of "a possible future". And I keep on looking for signs that it's mutual. Plus I caught myself yesterday wondering if it'd be possible to take her out somewhere--and calculating the cost plus how long it'd take me to save up for it.

This has got to be dangerous territory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)