What Now?

I seem to be able to tick people off with the simplest of questions. It must be my thick skin, because as far as I can tell most other people ask the exact same questions all the time and get pretty good responses. Perhaps I ought to try and mimic their facial expressions the next time I speak: if nothing else, at least it'd get the other party to wonder what the heck got into my head this time.

Right now I'm worried that Cheeky may be a tad upset at me, because he gave me the finger--several times--just now in English class when I asked him how he scored on the last test. So sue me for being competitive even when there's no competition. Anyway, he also gave me a very sour look, and even with my limited emotional recognition system, I know sour looks don't mean [i]I love you[/i]. I don't think they mean [i]Thanks for caring[/i] either.

Maybe English is just his sore spot and I shouldn't have prodded, but then there has to be something to make conversation with apart from a list of all the bugs I killed over the weekend!

(Just for the record, I got a lizard and an unidentified bug. I found the lizard in the shower and unfortunately, it drowned while I was trying to pull its tongue out. Apparently, the tongue is a muscle that contracts upon death. I found the bug somewhere near my room and put it in a jar. So far it's filled the jar up with little particles that look like rice, but I'm guessing the bug isn't a paddy plant so I'm not eating a single one of those things. I also changed my phone's wallpaper to a black-and-white photo of my pliers-thing's knife attachment hovering over the lizard's neck.)

Maybe I ought to butter him up a bit--but then he really doesn't need much buttering in my opinion. After all, he's already got a better Applied Math score than I, and that does count for something, especially since I didn't study at all for Applied Math apart from a couple of past-year papers.

Oh, and most of my papers are back, anyway, and it's proof that DotA does help the brain somewhat: I've got A's in Biology and Physics again--improvements in both subjects. However, I had a slight drop in my English (1%), and my Math fell another grade due to more carelessness in the Pure Math paper.

I blame that one on not enough preparation, but then it came before the DotA addiction so it didn't get any of the good vibes off the computer. In any case I don't plan to play any DotA during the AS, so I'll have to do lots of past-years anyway. (The Gorilla would say it serves me right for being proud, so I haven't told him yet.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)