A Quick Note

My MUET exam is next week, so I will be posting just after the exam, I think, and you can then look and try to guess what I'll predict my scores to come out. In any case I'll have to watch out for the long words everybody says I love so much: although, come to think of it, I don't really use long words anyway.

Except on rare occasions when I think the long words are the only things that really bring out the meaning I want.

Tonight is the Coconut's graduation ceremony from a month-long Bible course she's been attending up at Cameroons', and I do plan to attend. It'll be interesting to see if a month without any access to the outside world has left any marks on her--although I suspect her handphone bill will rocket up for awhile. SMSes do accumulate over the weeks.

Speaking of handphones--Sue Me lost hers this morning on the LRT. Apparently she dozed off for a bit--and I don't blame her, the LRT piped "music" doesn't deserve the name--and while she was asleep someone picked her pocket. Strangely, they didn't take her purse. Maybe she was hugging it or they didn't think she had one, or maybe it was a spur-of-the-moment thing and they didn't want to take longer than absolutely necessary, I don't know, but the main point is she woke up and found her handphone gone.

She tried calling, of course, but (as with Chronicles and Cheeky and all my other friends who've lost handphones) found it switched off. She spent the whole morning ranting about it.

(She took out some of the stress on my worm. It was rainy last night and earthworms crawled out everywhere and I found a particularly long specimen on the road to school, so I took it to class. She nearly stabbed it with my pencil.)

I slept for four-and-a-half hours today, since I went to bed at 2am after playing--and winning--a match of DotA with Gawk Hour. It's the first time I've played without using any cheats, and it was blessedly difficult. And I still won, because I used a very noob-friendly Hero. (Those of you who've talked to me about DotA will know.) Plus I had Nickel (my room-mate) advising me, and he's one of the best DotA players I know.

But then I had a Biology practical exam today--which I totally forgot about yesterday--and I do believe my weak A in Biology is about to drop to a C, since I'm pretty sure I muffed up the entire second section of the test--slide work.

I hate slide work because my eyes aren't the best, and besides I can't really see the stains on the cells. And the microscopes' resolution really isn't good enough to identify white blood cells with...

Oh well, at least now I know I can perform Benedict's test in under 10 minutes. And that, let me tell you, is no mean feat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)