Mid-Course Exams and DotA

I've been having my mid-course exams all this week, including today. I just mentioned that so you'll know that's why I'm posting on a Saturday. And if you haven't noticed that almost none of my blog posts are made on a Saturday then shame on you.

In any case, I think I've finally convinced my roommate that I'm hopelessly un-self-controlled or simply incredibly lazy, since he sees me study very little. In fact I think I ought to be commended for even studying as much as I have, which is about five hours more per day than usual, "usual" being zero.

I've begun a schedule, which seems to be working quite nicely so far: finish exams and computer time (three hours daily) around three, go back to room and nap until five, study until seven-thirty, have dinner and bathe, study some more until about ten-thirty, and then "persuade" roommate to go play DotA.

I discovered DotA only on Tuesday, and already I'm building up a bit of knowledge on it. Stuff like what items suit which hero best, playing styles, and how to steal other people's kills and avoid them stealing yours (get a really good nuker with massive splash damage).

My roommate diagnosed me last night as having come down with an early stage of DotA addiction, and he says with my AS only one and a half months away, I really ought to study harder.

I know he's right, of course, but then I've deprived myself of computer games, not counting Neopets, for so long that I somehow think I deserve a little playing now and then. Of course, it's probably also something to do with my books' tendency to make me yawn.

In any case, I've been (watching my roommate) playing DotA for the past few days in a row, and if secondhand experience counted, I'd be a pro by now. Just watching the guy play is crazy, since his mouse seems to teleport all over the screen, and the clicking sound never seems to stop, except when his hero dies--and even then he's busy scrolling around to check on the other guy (in this case, it was Smooth, who lives a few doors away).

By the way, I've found that I function quite well for about five hours after I wake up before fatigue sets in, and the effect even works if I don't get enough sleep. Must be the metabolism or a sugar high or something, I'm not sure what--my Biology isn't that good yet. In any case, I've been sleeping at two in the morning for the past week beginning Tuesday (hence the need for the afternoon nap). It's quite exhilarating.

But I won't bore you with an account of my exams, except to say that they were made up of quite a lot of past-year questions, which I've been working on, and so I had some of the answers down pat. Exactly how pat they were remains to be seen, when my results come out.

And if I lose to Cheeky again in Math, it'll just be an incentive to take my roommate's advice and swear off DotA for the rest of my academic life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)