Before the Quiz

I'm supposed to be studying for a Physics quiz tomorrow that's supposed to make up about 5% of my final score this semester or something like that. I think I'll study later, but that raises the question of whether I'll even study at all. In fact the plan was for me to be studying with Marsh in the library, but he bailed out suddenly because he wanted dinner.

He seems to develop food cravings at the oddest of hours.

Anyway... thus far little has occurred that seems to be of moment. I've been having chats with the Corn and the Emoticon and a bunch of other people who found their way onto my MSN contact list; I've gotten used to the Corn's opinion that Malaysian guys should become a little more vain than they are now (her points being that they should buff up and wear nice clothes); I've done some studying and, to my horror, I'm starting to understand some of what the professors are saying; I've gotten used to Marsh's method of starting a chat over MSN (he first sends a Nudge and, his stock message, "wat u doin?" where his "?" is an emoticon with a very pronounced frown; I've gone swimming occasionally and am learning to submerge for more than two seconds at a time; I've joined the Piano Ensemble and had my ego partially destroyed by the presence of 30+ Grade-8-ers and Diploma holders--I'm a mere Grade-4 pianist and haven't practised for ages. And I play J-Pop.

Oh, yeah. We're supposed to perform for each other every now and then. I'm dreading the time when it's my turn, because it's going to sound so terribly amateur. Also for that reason, I'm supposed to have sent a list of songs I can play fluently to the President of the Ensemble--which, of course, I haven't. They say, of course, that they accept any genre and difficulty level; but I bet I'll raise some eyebrows if I go up there and play Allay Pain (from Witch Hunter Robin) on a baby grand piano...

Oh, yeah. I've been doing some drawing... well, I've been drawing a lot anyway, but I just found out I can take photos of my drawings with my webcam (it's quite difficult really, to get the right angle and to hold the cam steady long enough to get a shot) and edit them. So far I've just used MS Paint to darken the outlines and turn the background white (the webcam captures the paper as darkish gray), though I got PhotoShop last week... I'm hoping to get better.

Here are three... and I've even included witty captions! (Although, on a side note, Blogger does upload photos slowly.)



















This one is a rough model of a character I based on one of Chronicles' soft toys. It's definitely a huge difference from the toy, though--the toy isn't even humanoid.




















This one I based on a character my kid brother dreamed up.














And this one is very, very loosely based on myself. Actually it's the rough sketch of what I'm planning for the character I'm role-playing in the Bleach forum, just that I put my hat on it. This is the original photo.

...OK, so they're not exactly witty. But you get the idea... don't ask me why they all face left, I just draw better that way. In any case I can flip the photos after I'm done with them so they face right. I've been practising drawing faces looking right, but so far no success.

It's nice to have a sketchbook on occasion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)