Splitting Up... Again

I just got the news a few days ago. It seems my family's going to be separated yet again--the Empress has decided to go to Hertfordshire, in the UK, to do nursing... it's a rather quick decision as far as I can tell, almost nothing is quite settled yet--including her accommodation. It's quite worrying, but I talked it over with the Corn and she says to leave everything to God, which does make sense...

After all, I can't do anything to help the Empress in this situation except support her decision...

But it's still rather unsettling news; it's as if myself and my siblings are taking after my father's example and sending ourselves flying off all over the globe. In his family, my father was the first and only one to leave the orchards and farms and go get an education (and by extension a little more money than his 11 siblings); now here we are, doing much the same thing. If this trend goes on, it won't be too long before not a single one of us is in the same country as either of my parents. In fact I calculate it as within 5 years...

At any rate, this puts paid to any ideas of Chinese New Year reunions, or Christmas gatherings, or even any more birthday celebrations--the closest we'll ever get to a reunion will be a mass Skype call, which is made all the more difficult since the Empress will be 8 time zones away from all the rest of us. At least we have e-mail.

I had a Chemistry quiz first thing this morning, and almost was late for it; recently I've been oversleeping a bit, even when I wake up to the alarm clock, due to my habit of grabbing it and turning it off, then returning to my beloved slumber...

I usually sleep for an hour after that, waking up just in time to make myself a hot drink and rush off to school. Marsh is supposed to print my notes for me, when he remembers; so I seldom need to do more than root yesterday's notes out of the bag before considering it adequate and going to class.

Of course, his room is clear across the campus from mine, and he needs a lot of reminding before he actually prints anything, and even then he thinks he has to insist on me collecting them from his room instead of having them passed to me at class, which is far more efficient... It's also the month in which Muslims are supposed to fast, and I think it's having a detrimental effect on him: somehow he's started to become very insistent that I agree with him in all aspects pertaining to said printing of notes, but it's true the printer belongs to him...

Maybe the agreement was too loose in its terms: I should draft up a better one. (Of course, he'll probably try to argue a lot about it, but let's see if I can't mow him down...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)