Let a Frightening Equation Equal f(x)...

Is it not obvious yet that I have a math quiz tomorrow? I should be consolidating my scant knowledge of exact linear first-order ordinary differential equations by doing practice questions, but I'll be satisfied with knowing the principles and methods behind it... for now anyway. If I ever have the time to--or if I ever make the time to--I shall fill up my logbook with those questions.

But now isn't the time to do that...

In fact now isn't even the best time to blog, but I see my blog very often and not having something new up there rankles somehow. And besides, going on an unannounced hiatus would defeat my purpose of having this blog in the first place. Even if said hiatus was caused by exams or whatever.

It's been slightly more than a month now since I and a whole slew of freshies arrived in NTU, and... the changes are startling. People are falling back into the old routines of study life, while somehow balancing it with suppers and extra-curricular activities, and managing to lose weight in the process.

I, on the other hand, swing between extremes of playing (like suppers that inadvertently get extended into the wee hours) and studying (like today--3 hours of math is enough to give anybody a headache), and haven't lost any weight, if my jeans' size and the scales at the swimming pool don't lie: I'm still a solid 74kg. (Well, not exactly solid, since most fats are liquid at room temperature. So I'm semisolid, I guess.)

It's really quite terribly unfair; everybody else is talking about how they've lost five or more kilos in the past month, and I'm still... pear-ish. Not the kind of situation one envisions for the next four years...

My earphones malfunctioned yesterday, out of the blue. They'd been working perfectly well up to the night before, and then yesterday evening when I switched on the laptop, they simply produced no sound. It's very annoying, since I do like them; but I'll just have to invest in a better pair, or my roommate will be forced to listen to a lot of my music, over and over again.

The microphone, ironically, still works.

Oh, yeah... I've bought some new clothes. It's more out of self-defense than anything else, really; being around people who all seem to dress expensively has an effect on one. In any case I only bought a pair of jeans--my first in at least 3 years--and a long-sleeved gray shirt. It's the kind of shirt that one wears under a short-sleeved shirt and leaves the sleeves sticking out, and is terribly soft. I do like it...

They cost me RM176, though, so I'm not likely to be splurging again anytime soon... unless, of course, the sales come on or I find myself desperate for some item or other or... well, we'll see.

I think I'll sleep soon. It's late and my classes start in 7 hours; and it'll never do to be groggy in an exam...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)