Mind Juggling

Well. The last post published badly, I must say; the changes I made didn't get saved and so it ends badly, or rather it doesn't end at all. But then again, you can probably guesstimate how it would have ended anyway so I'm not going to bother fixing it up.

I'm feeling rather all-over-the-place at the moment; I wish I were in my new room (I got the keys to it on Thursday) but I can't move without assistance and I have nobody around to offer that since Darth Bo is away at his aunt's place and the roommate's not around--though even if he were, I wouldn't like to ask him for help with this. Of course, I would have had assistance if Brain Rink were a little more dependable, but she isn't. Right now, however, there's a lot of things to think about and worry; for one, the folks in So Hour are coming down with some sort of strain of dengue: at last notice, my grandpa and grandma and a cousin had it, though I haven't called for status updates yet. For another, the Gorilla and family are still out there in New York and I keep having mental images of him trudging around muddy streets with a suitcase and dejected look while cabdrivers rush past and scream for unknown reasons. In the meantime I'm still in Darth Bo's room...

And of course, tutorials are piling up; tomorrow it'll be the third week of school and I still haven't done a single tutorial, and heck knows I should do some before the work really piles up and I resign myself to towers of paperwork everyday.

But for the moment... Gah, Brain Rink, you really irritate me sometimes, you know that? But then a lot of people do, and she's not the first person ever to promise me something and then forget it or just welch out when the time came; plenty of people there are (my uncle springs to mind) who just say yes to whatever request you make of them, and then at the eleventh hour forget it--and when you call to check up on them, they give the most inane and transparent excuses and expect it to not affect you at all.

Brain Rink being the example at hand: I phoned her on Friday asking for her car on Saturday morning or afternoon (that particular Saturday I was busy from the evening onwards). She said sure, but the car was small and I said it was okay if she didn't mind making extra trips. She said to get back to me by 12pm on Saturday.

I phoned at 12 on Saturday and was answered by a flurry of screaming people in the background while she apologised for totally forgetting me and going out on a shopping spree that (she estimated) would end at 6pm. I naively said okay to that... and when I called her again at 6pm, she said the shopping spree had tired her out and she was cooling her heels in her house... although her background was exactly the same as before and I was almost sure I could hear dance music thumping somewhere.

At any rate it looks like I'll either enlist somebody to help me flag down and load up a taxi, or Tee Four's grandfather (who is coming down on Wednesday with a car) will find me all-too-desperate to help his granddaughter move her stuff if he'll help me move mine.

[Edit: Brain Rink later said she was busy with family matters, but has sent messages to her friends and they'll help me before tomorrow morning. I'm now somewhere between guilt over being irritated at her and gratefulness for the slim threads of hope. /edit]

Comments

RynRyn said…
brain rink: ooo... so sorry peepee. really really sorry. had family shits to attend to.

ryn: apparently, brain rink seems awfully bad. did u realise hari raya is near n maybe her house was is shambles (painting, lights... etc) n she was at cuzins for financial stuff? hmm... neednt bother explaining all this la. anyway im sorry for bailing out. say hi to ririn 4 me ^^
-.- Well, you coulda' said so, days before actually suddenly bailing out, y'know.

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)