Sickly Sickened by Sickness

I'm ill. Quite badly so, too... Last Saturday I began coughing and had a sore throat by the night time, which caused me to lack sleep rather and then I developed a headache and a fever. Herr Robson was also sick, with similar symptoms; and I know of a large number of other people who were also sick. We blame the weather, which has been rather bipolar: hot in the mornings, cloudy in the afternoons, and pouring in the evenings and nights.

I suppose I should be very happy about the pouring, but I really can't enjoy anything when I'm having coughing fits every now and then. Though I'm thankful that the sore throat went away on Monday and the headache and fever with it, the cough remains and has progressed steadily.

I now cough about once every five or six minutes; every now and then, it's a coughing fit that wracks my entire frame (when I'm lying down, this can actually wake me up as well as shake the bed) and sounds rather like a sort of honk, and sometimes creates enough force to throw up some phlegm. In fact last night it was strong enough that I bolted out of bed and threw up on the way to the bathroom--I could feel it coming, a gut instinct you could say.

In any case... well, yes. I've been sick and that summarises my past week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)