Just A-passin' Through

I'm quite incredibly tired these days. I blame school... it's the second day already and I'm already dozing off in classes.

It's been quite a week, at least since the last post... No, wait. It's been, ye gads, two weeks since the last post. Time certainly does fly, and I've just given myself more reason to say so: it's two hours since I typed the opening sentence and this is only the what, the third? Darn Maple for being so distracting; the Coconut passed me a private server file the other day and I'm already level 39 after a few hours; unfortunately the private server has bugs and I keep on losing data: I was level 58 awhile ago.

Well, at any rate it's been busy days, and not too happy ones either; I'm still without a fixed address either here or in Malaysia. The University still hasn't given me a room, and I'm getting increasingly pessimistic about my chances of ever getting one, since it's apparently been three intakes and everybody except myself has either a room or a room where squatting doesn't make it resemble a rather cramped goldfish bowl. As it is I keep feeling that I'm imposing on Darth Bo, though a guy noted the other day that I could quite easily arrange my daily life so that I only appear in the room to sleep and occasionally keep him company--bring the laptop to school and use the wireless there, for example, and make lots of use of public spaces for studying. In fact that might actually be more conducive to my studying since it'll be less distracting and so on. It'll even be good exercise maybe, lugging all that paper and metal about.

Speaking of exercise... I'm decidedly out of shape. When people look at you and the first thing they say is "Wow, you've put on a lot!" then you know you had better do something about it. I went swimming for the first time in 4 months (the times in Fifth Hun don't really count) yesterday with Easy Kill, and he went at least 25 laps. I went maybe 17 or 18, and even then I was cramping in the water--the first time I've ever had cramps while swimming. Fortunately I have enough pain resistance, or maybe it wasn't particularly severe cramps, that I managed to go on until I got to the pool side to rest, upon which Easy Kill shot me pitying glances as he went off on the next round. I declare, that boy is even more of a hydrophile than I am--and that's no mean feat.

In any case... I was off in KL for 5 days, from the 30th of July to the 3rd of August--I do hope I've got the dates right, my sense of time is absolutely horrible--for several reasons; it was one of those multipurpose trips. I think almost all my recent trips to KL have been multipurpose ones: packing, unpacking, repacking, meeting, bidding farewell...

The Gorillas leave for New York in 6 days; it's been a long process that made them decide to do it and I can accept the reason for their departure, but all the same I wish they weren't going. It's been a decade since my family left KL, and until now I still walk past the houses we used to live in and gaze nostalgically at them; I daresay that now I'll make an extra tour past the Gorillas' to look at the house and miss the good old times. In fact most of the farewells for them centred around the food and fun we've had...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)