Sleeping in Solitary Silence

I moved into my new room yesterday, with the help of Tee Four's god-grandfather or real grandfather (I didn't ask) who has a car. He was very nice, but it reminded me that my grandfolks and a cousin are still back in So Hour possibly suffering chikugunya... well, that is, if it isn't actually dengue, but it's hard to tell.

For some reason that sentence reminded me that a friend has Rich 4 and I should ask for it sometime, and also that I really don't have the kind of time that would allow me to spend hours deciding the monetary fate of little cutesy characters on a virtual game board, even if it IS extremely and oddly fun.

My camera is working again! I realised it only runs on alkaline batteries, which turn out to actually be different from regular batteries in that they provide a higher output. I'm considering getting myself a few rechargeables now so I don't have to buy myself new batteries every now and then, though Herr Robson is likely to start gloating and pointing at his camera's rechargeable dry battery-thingy (I've forgotten what those things are made of or what they're called) now; though, of course, I've no idea of what his battery life is.

(Mine usually last about 400 to 500 shots depending on how much flash I use.)

Anyway... so I'm in my new room now. It's a much larger area than I used to occupy in Darth Bo's, and in fact Darth Bo's place looked a lot larger when I'd left it... It almost gives me guilt about the inconveniences, but I'm consoled when I remind myself that he seemed to not mind too badly. I managed to fit all my stuff around the place, and one very nice feature is the extra-large desk--so now I can have all my electronics on one side of the desk while the other half features a precarious-looking pile of miscellaneous papers. Well, so it's not precarious yet, but it certainly is miscellaneous.

I've only seen the new roomie once, for a period of two hours, and I'm going to call him Crazy Scary until I find a more fitting name. I arrived in the room, spent an hour unpacking, and then generally lazed about all day while smelling of sweat: Tee Four's new room is on the fourth storey and carrying stuff up there was extremely straining. My arms are still somewhat sore. In any case, Crazy Scary only reappeared in the room last night at 11pm, despite his schedule saying he'd finished classes before lunch.

I'd of course taken the time to inspect his half of the room, from which I found his real name and his schedule (pinned to a little cork board) and a large stack of textbooks: it's only the third week of school and he already has all his required textbooks! I later Googled him and found his name appearing on various prestigious lists of Book Prizes (awarded to a small selection of the best students in each year in the local equivalent of high school) and Seminars For Incredibly Bright People and... absolutely nothing else: no Facebook, no Friendster, nothing to suggest a more entertaining or random side of his personality. Of course it'll take awhile to know that for certain, but I despair of sparkling conversation especially since I woke up this morning to see him doing pushups and ab crunches on the bed.

At 8.46am.

And he only asked for my name this morning, too, though that might not be his fault since I was at my computer last night and looking drained. (It's my default look these days.) I've a distinct impression that I'll spend this semester like the past two, speaking to him about one sentence a day, unless he decides that he wants to suddenly and inexplicably know more about me; at which time I'll probably quash that decision by simply not being particularly genius-like.

There's a fitness corner outside my window: a small patch of concrete on the grass, and on the concrete are various bars and poles and bench-like objects that apparently can be used to perform exercises with. Maybe I'll even learn how to use it sometime; but I found out yesterday evening that I can only pull off about 5 pushups at a go before collapsing with sore arms. My legs are probably fitter though, considering all the walking I've been doing and am likely to go on doing...

Well. I should start schoolwork now.

Comments

RynRyn said…
lmao.... 5? only 5? come on man u can do it. if not for u, then for ririn. xP come on jiayou!
lol

wah ur roomie must be damn fit. hmm did u see his abs by chance? xD

Popular posts from this blog

Next Last Post

Memoriam the Second

Panthera Sapiens: A Pie ('Nuff Said about that)